C5 2.2 HDi Auto - Faults and Repair/s

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

knaphill
New User

C5 2.2 HDi Auto - Faults and Repair/s

Post by knaphill »

Hi All: Owner of an auto estate 2.2 hdi - purchased in 2007 after my SUV was stolen - did a search on the least and hardest car to nick and the C5 came out tops with me etc. The car ran pretty good - well at least it did to me, some 30K miles later i started to get the Eolys fault, so bought some Eolys and filled the tank up, but the remainder always came on, so ignore the light and keep on driving. again after another 2K miles the dreaded esp/anti pollution and limp mode came on, took it to have the thing de-fapped as they say, anyway the guy removed the fap filter from the ecu and cleaned out the core etc. car was fine, so decided to go fishing in France, some 122 miles from st.Malo, week went fine, up until i left to come home, 117 miles in safe mode lol!. just made it back to the ferry etc. returned home and a week later, after returning to the guy who de-fapped the car and was told that he didn't have the correct equipment to fault find the car etc. that's when i looked at this Forum, various conclusion were found, i then decided to take it to an independent Citroen garage, he confirmed that my fuel ecu was not re-settable (as per forum) the MAS was not running to spec. (water damage when the air filter box filled up with water (hole drilled now) (as per forum) and also the swirl valve linkage was broken (ball) (as per forum) after the parts were replaced, i have say that my car is now like a large pocket-rocket - fly's like a dream. Cheers to the forum. regards andy g
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: C5 2.2 HDi Auto - Faults and Repair/s

Post by qprdude »

Glad you got it sorted. Take it you're just up the road from me in Horsell (temperorily). Looking to buy a house in this area next year maybe. Who was the Citroen guy you took the car to?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
knaphill
New User

Re: C5 2.2 HDi Auto - Faults and Repair/s

Post by knaphill »

Hi. A very small garage called PTS Developments - and they gave me a free loan car - s reg saxo - at least it got me to work etc.