My former XM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Christian S
My Cars:

My former XM

Post by Christian S »

I bought this car in january 2006. It was a XM TCT VSX -95 and the first I had to change was the heater. It was leaking and it smelled cooling water in the car and carpet on the passenger side was wet. But something more was to come.... The clutch said thank you and good bye after three months. I took a test ride some days before I'd make a long trip to Eskilstuna (approx 300km) .. I thought the rpm was unnormal high cruising on the motorway. So I drove off the motorway but then I noticed I couldn't change any gear. So I lowered the speed and made a u-turn to get back to the motorway. No gear could be put in. Instead the car smelled clutch. On the first gear a snail had been faster. So I stood there without any possibility to move anywhere. I got help to get the car towed back home and checked what a new clutch cost. A former citroën-mechanican fixed my car for half the price what a authorized Citroën-workshop would have. It was a bit thirsty but pretty nice. Under 2000rpm it was dead and over 5000rpm the engine just hauled :-)

I sold it 2008 and bought an XM TD21 Aut Break -98 but that was a misstake. The Lucas fuel pump was leaking and I never managed to get it sealed. :(
It passed the first car inspection but the year after it didn't pass. Hydractive didn't work,. the magnet valves were changed without any success. From the front comfort sphere a tiny drop LHM was hanging. The car inspection called it a leak. #-o The handbrake didn't work on the right side. I had a month to fix the car otherwise I was prohibited to drive the car. I sold the car and bought 2011 my now former Xantia. But in January I had the possibility to buy back my TCT. With bad wheel front spheres and no working ABS I drove home. I bought it back for 1500SEK. She was a bit more rusty now and had passed 300000km. But I soon realized that my money wasn't enough to fix her. Change exhaust pipe all the way from the cat and backwards, the wheel spheres front, ABS-sensor rear right back and something was wrong with the engine. The fuel mix was too "fat" and it smelled from the exhausted fumes. Lexia didn't gave my help about the combusting problems. Now she's probably a stock car. A group of mechanics bought her and picked her up on a trailer in May. But I'll have an XM again :)

My XM TD21 to the right and my friend's XM TCT -95 the left. None of the cars are alive today. The cylinder gasket was blown away on the TCT :-(
Vid min Cittra vill jag kvittra