Is it worth buying a Peugoet Haynes manual?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Is it worth buying a Peugoet Haynes manual?

Post by Bandit12 »

Hi all, I've got the 2.2hdi and want to do my own servicing but for some reason the Citroen Haynes manual does not cover this engine?!
HoweverI've read this engine also went into Peugeots. Is it worth buying a Peugeot Haynes just to cover things like how to change the diesel fuel filter, top up the EOLYS, how to take off the sump to clean it during an oil change etc.
If it is worth buying another haynes, which one covers the 2.2hdi?

Second question (and far cheekier) I've just taken delivery of a lexia 3 but have no laptop as use a tower/monitor system instead. Anyone know of a suitable cheap laptop for sale that can be used purely to run the lexia?

Any and all advice is gratefully appreciated

Bandit
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
kenhall1202
My Cars: '05 C4 2.0HDI Exclusive
'07 Lexus RX400h
Past:
'73 GS 1220 Club Estate (a good intro to hydraulics and rust)
'74 DS D Super 5 (Superb comfort and even more rust)
'?? Dyane (fun + rust)
'?? CX 2400 GTI (served me well)
'89 CX Safari 2.5 DTR turbo (aka "the hearse" an excellent family load lugger)
'97 XM 2.1TD (Reliable and economical)

Re: Is it worth buying a Peugoet Haynes manual?

Post by kenhall1202 »

Based on my regrettable purchase of a Haynes C4 manual I have found it sadly lacking in maintenance details for my 2.0HDI (eg no info on Eolys topping up or use of a Lexia (essential!!)).

Most of my useful info on the C4 came from an earlier ebay purchased Citroen Docbackup DVD (it is issued periodically to dealers (covering all current and some historical models) as an optional source of info if say the internet is not available) - although you may now have to pay to access some of the info available. CitroenService.com also offers info on a prepay basis.

My Lexia runs on a second hand Toshiba Tecra XP pro laptop sourced from ebay.
Ken Hall
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi bandit, whereabouts are you? I do have an old laptop.. think its XP.. its a brick but works.. cant remember how long battery lasts, so it could be useful to have an inverter nearby..
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Post by Bandit12 »

Hi kenhall, thank you for the tips on the service info. Jgra that is very generous of you, I'm in Northfleet Kent and notice you are in kent/sussex. would that be around tunbridge wells? I regularly go throught there on the way to see my mum who lives in eastbourne so happy to pop in on way past sometime. I'll send you a PM with mobile details :-)
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)