Finally got me a Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

taffy
My Cars:

Re: Finally got me a Lexia

Post by taffy »

u could have a seized actuator rod or vac leak thats what id check first...if urs works as u say then its opposite to mine...same princeable just other way round..so ur wastegate is spring loaded the opposite way...if this is true id say its a stupid idea of citroen as if no vac it could do u dammage running 1.5 bar+....i burst a turbo pipe when i overboosted...so really u need to see if ur getting a good vac...try swapping the egr and boost electrovalve over (if applicable on ur engine)and see if anything changes...take vac pipe off electrovalve and see if it sucks harder when u rev it up...if good thenid say u need to look at the actuator and arm and check they are not seized...it cant be to difficult to sort out...il do somedigging for u :)
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

ok heres some reading for you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_EW/DW_engine#DW12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
then you may well have this turbo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_g ... rbocharger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
u need too know that engine,car and engine code which will be part of ur vin
if u can get that info on here we can work this out
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
antonioneves

Post by antonioneves »

ok, that's good info. mine's a 2.2 hdi mk1 C5. my turbo is a gt1549p VNT. i think. :)
VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

well as i see it then if ur getting over boost its either the mechonism inside turbo isnt working (god forbid) or a vaccum problem...check vac pipes well for cracks or splits and try swapping the egr solinoid and turbo solinoid...remember/mark the pipes when u disconect them and let us know how u get on :)
merry xmas :)
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
antonioneves

Post by antonioneves »

I tried swapping the EGR EV, didnt made any diff. it always boosts up to 1bar and thats it. as per OEM specs, it should be 1.3.
I am not getting overboost, exactly the opposite. I am not making the boost I should have.

when I take out the vacum from the wastegate it stays shut and overboost, so I am eliminating tubo failure here. its the EVs letting vacum to be applied to the wastegate and hence I dont reach max boost.
probably time to take it for a remap adjust, still, I dont have a clue on what could be causing not enough boost...
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

try abit off wd40...spray it into electrovalve when its working...it maybe sticking....well if u took off vac and u got overboost then theres vac there..could be that the vac isnt quite enough?...could be the map sensor plumming? if im right (well on my car) the map sensor is plumbed with a little vac pipe on the right of the intercooler...just check the pipe fordamage as the same for vac pipe...otherthings it could be is a split in the turbo pipeing..get urselfon the road window down and give it some...see if u can hear any boost escaping..check ur pipes to and from turbo as they can split..it could be possible atleast u know the turbo is working aye :)
goodluck
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5