Synergie refrigerator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Synergie refrigerator

Post by citronut »

my daughters refrigerator whoooops i mean P reg 1.9TD Synergie,

about a year ago the drivers side heating packed up, then a good few months later the passengers side die also,

so now its cold both sides,

the system has the electronic control panel with air con which also has two blower motors/fans,

help
now it is becoming more wintery i am getting earache, no not from the cold but my daughter,

trouble is she can virtually never spare the car as she needs it for her job (nanny to a pair of consultants )

if you have access to service citroen here is the chassis/VIN No. ( 12178010 ), so you can view the system it has
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Synergie refrigerator

Post by RichardW »

Presumably need to hook it up to Lexia, Malc, so that you can see if it is an input (ie temperature sensor) or output (ie flap control) problem. Of course, if the flaps have fallen off inside the heater box :twisted:
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

RichardW wrote:Presumably need to hook it up to Lexia, Malc, so that you can see if it is an input (ie temperature sensor) or output (ie flap control) problem. Of course, if the flaps have fallen off inside the heater box :twisted:
thanks Richard

i do intend sticking my DIS-LEXIA up it when i get to see the jalopy that is,

but as i cant usually have it for long i was hoping someone thats been through this problem could give me some suggestions, ( on access/which component?? )

i feel it must be a sensor or flap servo fault as one side went down with good heat at the other, then/now the other has gone the same way
Regards, malcolm.

taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

rwww.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Synergie-94-02-1-9TD-heater-matrix-housing-box-095-/290917626770?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ASynegie&hash=item43bc0ab392
well thers some pics of it :)
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

You can do some basic testing by playing with the controls.

Lets say its about 18 degrees ambient (just as an example). If you crank the required temperature well up, several degrees above actual, yoiu will see an up arrow in the display confirming that it is trying to get hot. A down arrow appears if you set the required temperature well below actual. The fan speed (on auto or eco) is proportional to the difference between actual and required, but it is clever enough to know if the engine is cold so won't speed up until all has got warm (unless you put it on demist).

So - if you start up, warm engine, press auto, set required temperature very high you should see the up arrow and hear the fan speed up - that suggests that the control side is doing what it should and your problem is elsewhere.

My very old manual ("Revue Practique") is hard to follow and in French. It suggests that the 'point' between the degress and the half degrees on the display (the dot in 22.0) flashes if there is a system fault.

Pressing the various distribution buttons, face, floor etc., will redirect the air and if this works it suggests that the distribution flaps are OK.

Pressing the auto/eco/auto in turn, a few seconds later you should hear the click of the aircon compressor cutting in and maybe a slight drop in revs as it picks up. It isn't relevant to your problem but again serves to test the control side.

The next obvious thing is to check that the water is getting hot, but as you said one side failed before the other its unlikely to be the cause.

Back to the manual, and doing my best with the language, fuses (behind glovebox) F2, F5, F15, F19, F20, all look like they might have someting to do with climate control. The manual doesnt help with the heating side, its all engine steering seeing and stopping plus a bit of bodywork. I wonder if there is a relay to control the blender servos?

So - if all that is in order it looks like the servo or flaps in the air blender bit like you say.

It would be worth checking if the recirc button achieves anything, if it warms up by cutting off the external airflow it might help point to the problem.

There is a French aircon forum here of course, maybe a Peugeotiste has come accross the problem, or have a look on any Fiat Useless fora?
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

thank Richard_C

i will try all of that as soon as i get me hands on her jalopy
Regards, malcolm.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok tried all in the above reply from Richard_C

all seems to function except cant hear the air con switching in,

Richard you say if the directional flaps function as they should, there is nout wrong in that department,

so is there not separate flaps controlling if heat is directed into the heater box/cab or diverted outside when not required,

because the heat should be available were requested regardless of were you direct it, shouldnt it????
Regards, malcolm.