Off tomorrow....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Off tomorrow....

Post by qprdude »

Aberdeenshire to Warrington tomorrow, overnight at the Premier Inn, then on to Woking on Sunday morning.
SWMBO put the blocks on doing the whole trip on Saturday. :argue:

Looking forward to it already. 364 miles on Saturday then 202 on Sunday. :-D
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Off tomorrow....

Post by Stickyfinger »

Did Shaftsbury to Glen Tanar last year for a Wedding with my 80 year old Mother with me, did it in just over 10 hours with Food and Pee stops...I'm a One Shot sort of guy :)
She slept a lot of the way because the car was so comfortable and smooth (her words).

PRAISE the LORD for cruse control and arm rests on leather seats :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

My furthest was Inverurie in Aberdeenshire, to Looe in Cornwall, but that was In my Rover 75. Not done that one in the C5, but I will be doing it next year. The Rover had all the refinements, but I think the C5 suspension might just edge it.
Rick.

Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Must be a woman thing that even when they're asleep in the passenger seat they still can't do a long drag in one go.
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Got to say though, it's a lot easier when your driving. The boredom factor isn't there and your in control. (hopefully)
Rick.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I don't know - my daughter drove my Accord from here (Newcastle, near enough) to Dover, onto the ferry then when they reached Calais she drove to Les Gets in one go. She often does trips like this, just likes to get there ASAP.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I enjoy a good long drive, especially if I am happy with the car, Citroens are generally good long distance cars, have a great trip.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
CGATCX25GTITURBO
Location: IN FRONT OF THE LAP TOP Residing in Hull, East Yorks
My Cars:

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

The missus and I had a bit of driving to do this year :) Well I did the driving... loved it 3300 miles .... 174 quid in petrol! Only a few of the places marked off where we made stops. We drove about 75 hours over 18 days

This was our steed, it had 80 miles on it when we picked it up.
Neil aka CGAT
1986 CX25 GTI TURBO 1 SERIES 2 'CGAT'
1998 XANTIA 19TD ESTATE
1987 BX19 GTI 8V
2012 Citroen DS3
1997 600 Bandit
2000 ZX12R from new
1989 CX GTI Turbo 62k miles in a barn since 2001, project started 2023.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Pah. Amateurs.

We picked this up in Preston in October 2006 for my dad's 60th. He lives in Athens. We picked the car up on the 19th October. Plan was to drive it out over a week in spring. On Tuesday 20th, we decided to drive it out there for his birthday.

We left High Wycombe at 9:30pm on Wednesday 21st, drove (apart from an hour and a half on the ferry to Calais) stopping only for fuel (for the car and for us) for 1300 miles, 19 hours or so, until we reached our hotel in Ancona at 1am the next day. We then got the 10:30am ferry from Ancona to Patras, and arrived on the 24th at 3pm in Athens.

1300 miles, 19 hours, no map book or sat nav. No heater. unsilenced exhaust. No radio. It rained most of the way. Only the driver has a wiper.. 3 wheels..

I actually drove all the way. The plan was for me to drive in the dark as my brother had never driven on the right, the weather was so bad for most of the trip that he navigated instead, and I drove.

The car is a DRK, a car built in Liverpool as a production car, and it is relevant here as it has Renault 5 mechanicals!
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I once drove to Bristol from Exeter without stopping :lol: 1 1/2 -2 hours is about my limit before I need a break.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Northern_Mike wrote:Pah. Amateurs.

We picked this up in Preston in October 2006 for my dad's 60th. He lives in Athens. We picked the car up on the 19th October. Plan was to drive it out over a week in spring. On Tuesday 20th, we decided to drive it out there for his birthday.

We left High Wycombe at 9:30pm on Wednesday 21st, drove (apart from an hour and a half on the ferry to Calais) stopping only for fuel (for the car and for us) for 1300 miles, 19 hours or so, until we reached our hotel in Ancona at 1am the next day. We then got the 10:30am ferry from Ancona to Patras, and arrived on the 24th at 3pm in Athens.

1300 miles, 19 hours, no map book or sat nav. No heater. unsilenced exhaust. No radio. It rained most of the way. Only the driver has a wiper.. 3 wheels..

I actually drove all the way. The plan was for me to drive in the dark as my brother had never driven on the right, the weather was so bad for most of the trip that he navigated instead, and I drove.

The car is a DRK, a car built in Liverpool as a production car, and it is relevant here as it has Renault 5 mechanicals!
wow and i bet you actually had to drive!! it all the way
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

red_dwarfers wrote:I once drove to Bristol from Exeter without stopping :lol: 1 1/2 -2 hours is about my limit before I need a break.
likewise Kev these days anyhow,

when we went to Vinadio/Italy for the dersh ( 2CV ) world meeting in 2003 , we pitched the tent in the evenings at small campsites we found ern route, did the trip over three days,

i was in my old NA diesel BX estate and my daughter in her Purple and Lilac metallic dersh,

we drove down through the French Alpes,
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years