XM ABS light not going out, no comms with Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

XM ABS light not going out, no comms with Lexia

Post by red_dwarfers »

The XM runs perfectly now! Certainly feels like it has got more get up and go. It's a lot smoother aswell. Almost as if the engine isn't connected to the passenger compartment.

The only problem I've got is with the ABS, the light won't go out. It does it's flickering when the ignition is turned on so I assume the ECU is doing something. The Lexia doesn't have any communication with the ABS ECU, it did before the engine rebuild.

I've visually checked the fuse in the passengers compartment and the one in the engine bay. It's got to be either something I've not plugged in properly or that I've damaged the ECU somehow.

I'll check the connectors tonight but where would you look after that?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Re: XM ABS light not going out, no comms with Lexia

Post by Chris570 »

I believe when i saw it you'd taken the abs block off?

It might be the connections down there that are the issue. That's where i'd look.

Good news about the engine though :)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Check the green relay in the box behind the n/s headlight, very common for the relay pins & holder to rot away, normally when you try to pull the relay out the pins stay stuck in the holder.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

And that's not a normal relay either Kev..

May not be that as that is what (indirectly) operates the lamp so if it's flickering the relay may be OK. I'd have thought the relay would have brought the light on solidly...

Sounds like a disturbed sensor is the most likely... Check the front ones after all the work done in that region it's likely a connector has been disturbed.

If it's a sensor just think your lucky stars you have an S2. Prices are not quite so silly as for an S1 :)

Excellent news on the engine finally =D>
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:And that's not a normal relay either Kev..

May not be that as that is what (indirectly) operates the lamp so if it's flickering the relay may be OK. I'd have thought the relay would have brought the light on solidly...

Sounds like a disturbed sensor is the most likely... Check the front ones after all the work done in that region it's likely a connector has been disturbed.

If it's a sensor just think your lucky stars you have an S2. Prices are not quite so silly as for an S1 :)

Excellent news on the engine finally =D>
Naughty Jim!

This is more likely to be the ABS ECU either not connected or not getting power if he can't talk Lexia to it!

Naughty step, 5 minutes
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote: Naughty Jim!

This is more likely to be the ABS ECU either not connected or not getting power if he can't talk Lexia to it!

Naughty step, 5 minutes
Maybe not Chris.. That the lamp is flickering is an indication that the ECU is going through its self-test routines or is trying to. As I understand it. May well be barking up several wrong trees...

On that basis I'll sit on the naughty step for 2 and a half minutes if that's OK...

If I'm totally off the money I'll sit there for 10 minutes...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

The ABS ECU connector needed unplugging and plugging in again. I did also unplug and replug in the relay.

If I remember correctly from last year or the year before when I had ABS issues, which turned out to be a break in the ABS ECU relay coil, it was logged as a fault on the ECU and there was ABS-Lexia comms. One thing I did notice with that fault was all the wheels were registering at a static silly speed, 39 or 69 mph or something.

Cheers :D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Kev :-D
Jim