briton 240 104

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crutts

briton 240 104

Post by crutts »

I have this relay sat in my ecu box . What is it for? Thought it might be the aircon relay. It's on a 98 de xantia
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Re: briton 240 104

Post by Gingerposer »

A quick search on the forum for "Bitron" sensor will shed more light in it than I can - it's something to do with the cooling fans and aircon system.
crutts

Post by crutts »

Cheers that's what I hoped it was
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

"Bitron" is the name of a company who make electrical components, not a specific component. They make a controller for the radiator fans in the Xantia but it doesn't sit in the ECU housing, its elsewhere, under the left headlight on many models of Xantia.

The "Bitron" in the ECU housing is the double injection relay - it's used for turning on power to the ECU, fuel pump, coil packs, injectors etc when the ignition is turned on. Some Xantias (like my V6) have two of them in the ECU housing, some have one.

What's your exact model of Xantia, and what is the problem you're trying to fix ?
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
crutts

Post by crutts »

Hi Simon, Thanks for the reply.

The xantia temp gauge goes up when other items are switched on ,, lights, heated rear screen, blower. I have read other posts on the forum and have done what the have sugguested ...clean earths, replace temp probe (Blue one) which was found to be faulty. Car never overheats, blows warm air and fans work, (both come on when they should)
I have been told that the Air con relay is stuck open and if thats a possible cause i was trying to trace it. In the EC box there is the Briton unit i mentioned and a green socket with a green four pinned relay plugged into ,not sure what that is. I could send pics if that helps.

Hope this is clear!!!!!

Tim