58 C5 rear door will not open from inside

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Danbuoy

58 C5 rear door will not open from inside

Post by Danbuoy »

Hi, a recurring issue has resurfaced with my 58 C5. The passenger side rear door will not open from the inside, although it can still be opened from the outside. I had this looked at a couple of months ago and it was fixed (something about a loose bolt). It was fine for a while, then randomly locked again. Managed to sort it by activating the child locks, then deactivating them, but tonight I have noticed it is happening again, and this time I cannot sort it. Is there anything worth trying before resorting to phoning the garage (which I would like to avoid as, although it is still under warranty, is a bit of a pain for something like this)?
Current car: Mar 13 to present: 58 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+
Past cars: Sept 05 - Mar 13: X reg Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi LX - 160k and still apparently going strong!
Sept 03 - Sept 05: N reg Citroen ZX diesel RIP (died on A50 after an altercation with a Merc)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: 58 C5 rear door will not open from inside

Post by Stickyfinger »

If its still under warranty then do not touch it, ANY excuse and Citroen will kill their cover on EVERYTHING faster than a rabbit beds his girlfriend !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Danbuoy

Post by Danbuoy »

Thats a fair point! I have managed to clear the issue by activating and deactivating the child locks a few more times, but if it happens again, I will just phone the garage!
Current car: Mar 13 to present: 58 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+
Past cars: Sept 05 - Mar 13: X reg Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi LX - 160k and still apparently going strong!
Sept 03 - Sept 05: N reg Citroen ZX diesel RIP (died on A50 after an altercation with a Merc)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

If it's a 58 plate, it surely won't be a manufacturers warranty? If the supplying garage provided a warranty, you need to have a close look at what is covered.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.