C8 2.0 hdi CATALYTIC CONVERTER Which one is correct

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oliverf lanagan

C8 2.0 hdi CATALYTIC CONVERTER Which one is correct

Post by oliverf lanagan »

I have just bought a C8 that had the catalytic converter stolen, I ordered the one i was told fitted but when i went to fit it the small pressure pipe from the sensor did not fit in the hole ( which i think is the size for a lambda sensor), I need a cat that has the hole the same size as the hole on the dpf for my small pressure pipe to fit onto, Having trouble finding the correct one.can anybody point me in the right direction?
C8 2.0 HDI 2003
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: C8 2.0 hdi CATALYTIC CONVERTER Which one is correct

Post by Mandrake »

If it has a threaded hole for a lambda sensor the catalytic converter element itself will be wrong as well, as a diesel uses a 2 way catalytic converter while a petrol uses a 3 way converter.

Sounds like you somehow ended up with the petrol version! #-o
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
oliverf lanagan

Hi thanks for the reply, the one i have is for a diesel as it is square where it bolts to the diesel filter, i wondered if it had been made wrong i.e wrong fitting welded on but they have checked their stock and they are all the same, with the bigger hole.
oliverf lanagan

just an update been to a local garage and getting the pressure pipe to fit will be no problem as a washer and nut can be welded over the threaded hole but they were unsure where the lambda sensor fits pre cat, I was told by Citroen that it does not have a lambda sensor in the cat only the little o2 sensor. does this sound right? if so where is the lambda sensor located?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Unlikely it's got a Lambda sensor, just the pressure pipes. If the thread is wrong, then you probably have the wrong part - there are several different DPFs listed against C8, depending on age. Where did it come from? I'd try and get the right one before you start hacking about the one you've got - it may confuse the ECU, which will cause all sorts of troubles.
Richard W
oliverf lanagan

its the cat that the thread is wrong on. the dpf is correct. it was from the internet cats 4 you or something like that, everything with the cat is right even down to the position of the hole as everything lines up under the car it just has the wrong thread, Citroen want over £1400 for correct part and everybody else says this is the correct one.
oliverf lanagan

Problem solved, nut and washer welded on yesterday then fitted new cat, dpf and sensor pipes, taken to garage today codes cleared driven 60 miles and all working normally.