Citroen service deals

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Citroen service deals

Post by osx »

Decided to try the local Citroen dealer as there was a particular repair that my trusty indy would not touch (front strout leaking) as the car is a C5 Exclusive 2008- with Hydractive suspension.
I got a quote for £550 (including VAT and labor) for replacing the strout, 2xfront disk pads, 2xfront disks and 1xfront antiroll bar linkage.
Does it sound reasonable or should i try my luck elsewhere?
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
Northern_Mike

Re: Citroen service deals

Post by Northern_Mike »

That doesn't sound bad at all for a main dealer price.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Got to make a quid somewhere.
osx
(Donor 2022)
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Think the offer was for brakes and pads (£250 total which is the usual price without fitting).
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

The local Indy here couldn't match the dealer for brakes, timing belt and waterpump, or front struts and assorted bits. Did the suspension bits myself in the end, but got another Indy up North to do the timing belt for about £100 less than the dealer price.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I doubt if you will find a better quote for the work . I would think that being a dealer, all parts should be OEM and carry a full warranty. Personally, I use a Citroen agent because of the warranty they gave me when they sold me the car, but having had a couple of bad experiences with a local indy (who is supposed to have a good rep), I will probably stick with the Citroen dealer who supplied the car .
I get a free loan car , excellent service and trained mechanics.
I've kind of lost faith in Indy's recently, mainly because it's difficult to hold them to account sometimes, whereas a main dealer has the equipment , often the spares and has to keep to a certain standard to keep his dealership. That's my take on it anyway. 8-[
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

As you have found qprdude, not all dealers are bad. There are one or two good ones but they hide themselves well.
Conversely, not all indys are good either. Flies in the face of stereotyping but them's the breaks :(
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Yep, I've used Indy's for many years, but after the bad experiences with them, and good experiences with the main dealers, I think I might be a convert. I think maybe having very few main dealers in the area (or none in my case ) it makes the few work harder to attract loyal customers whereas with an Indy every couple of miles, they know many customers are going to do the rounds for a better price (does that make sense?)
I reckon a lot of owners have become price driven recently, hence the Indy's may be cutting corners.(cheaper spares, quicker turn around etc)

Each to their own I suppose, and you can only go by your own experiences.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
osx
(Donor 2022)
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Ok. Everything done at the dealer
one strout (these are quite expensive for hydractive suspension citroens), 2xfront disk pads, 2xfront disks and replaced both front antiroll bar linkages as one was a bit wobbly and didn't want to have advisories.
£560 and generaly satisfied from the service as the guy seemed to know what he was doing