fuel filter in C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

7kongo7

fuel filter in C5

Post by 7kongo7 »

hello

I have a 2003 C5 SX 1.8 petrol (184,000 km), I have problem with the first gas kick, after the car was rest an cold.

The problem is that the car does not react to my gas kick and the car almost turn off (feel like no petrol arived), and after few sec, the car react and drive well.

It told me to start with cheking "small things" like the fuel filer- (I dont know were it is, if some one can tell me I will replace it- I had never change it),

cleaning the hose throttle (I did, it didn't help).

and maybe to disassemble and clean the fuel pump?

some one can help me pls ??

Mike
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: fuel filter in C5

Post by VertVega »

Recently I had the same thread about the fuel filter. In my petrol C5 II there is no fuel filter.

Fuel pump is in the tank and it can be reached from the RIGHT rear passenger seat,
but I don't think it's caused by a dirty fuel pump. Fuel itself is a good "cleaning agent".

Did you check map sensor? it can also cause lack of power and may be short shudders.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
7kongo7

Post by 7kongo7 »

Thank you

What year is your car?

can you tell me were is the map sensor? picture will be very helpfull if it is not so hard,

If the sensor doesnt work how its working after the first kick , whats make me crazy, that its apear only in the my first kick gas, and after that ther is no sign to that.

Mike
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

7kongo7 wrote:t its apear only in the my first kick gas, and after that ther is no sign to that.
I'm not 100% sure if it's caused by MAP sensor because it should also show symptoms while driving at constant speed.

Anyway I checked your car's engine type and it's the number 6 in the pic.

Your car is MK1 type and it seems that earlier model petrol cars still have fuel filter. You can check it under the car, in front of the RIGHT rear wheel. Fuel filter is a cylindrical tube like metal or plastic case with fuel entry and exit pipes.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Squirt cleaner on the throttle shafts.

Image Image
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389