ZX Models

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

ZX Models

Post by rossnunn »

Can ayone explain the differences in the Models of ZX?? ie Reflex,Aura,volcane etc
Thanks
Ross
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Reflex is cheapest, Advantage is next, Aura more expensive and Volcane was lower and faster etc.
just after we'd all got used to that they started nameing them after potatoes (Desire) and giving them initials or calling them Elation.
jeremy
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Mines a Pzazz (Special Edition [:o)] ), which is basically a Reflex (bottom of the range) with a tilting sunroof, 14" wheels, no plastic bits on the side and some snazzy graphics, which luckily were optional. Actually, the dealer offered to apply them when I bought it (3 years old). I politely declined!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Right so come on ZX owners Name what model you have and what bits its got!!
Mine is a Advantage. It has:
Elec Front Win
Elec Sunroof
Plain Grey Bumpers
Front Speakers
Blind in Rear Shelf
Came with 13" Steels as Standard
Ross [:o)]
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Sorry to be pedantic, but its Avantage not Advantage. The literal translation of avantage to English is favourite.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Saw an Elation today.
Our 1.9 D AVantage has 14 inch steel wheels and no rear shelf blind.
Jeremy
Jon

Post by Jon »

In reply to Ross I have an "Aura" (I don't know what that translates to, if anything)In fact, I suppose I have an aura about me.[:p]
It has:
Half painted (half black) bumpers which are a pain as no one sells them on the aftermarket
Electric n/s mirror
Volcane Alloys (but with 175/65/14 tyres)
Electric tilt/slide roof
Plip central locking
Electric front windows
4 speaker stereo
Lumber adjustable drivers seat.
Rear sunblinds!
Slide type rear seat
Side mouldings!!
Before I owned this automotive "gem", I had 2 ZX Volcanes, which offered the above plus a colour coded bumpers with front fog lights, nicer upholstery, a selection of pointless red trim, rear disc brakes and stiffer dampers and slightly lowered suspension. Plus a nicer steering wheel and leather style gearlever gaiter!!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Ive got a 16v which improves over the volcane petrols with bigger wheels, lower stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, more body kit, 3 door only, rear spoiler and im sure some other irrelevent bits.
I have the rear sunblind on mine but I cant for the life of me work out how to clip it up? lol. Im sure somethings missing off the roof inside as the roof lining hangs down slightly at the rear.
Infact one other thing, my parents used to have a 5 door avantage which had the sliding rear seat. Mine is just split folding. Is this the same for all 3 doors or just the 16v?
Darren
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

Our old ZX was a 1.8 Furio which is a 3 door only special edition some where between the aura and Volcane in spec - you lose some of the posh toys like alloys and ABS of the Volcane but get more comfortable seats than the basic models - have amended Jon's list:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

Electric n/s mirror
14" steel wheels with quite nice wheel trims
Electric tilt/slide roof
Plip central locking
Electric front windows
4 speaker stereo
Rear sunblind
<b>No</b> Slide type rear seat - <b>not split either</b>
<b>No</b> Side mouldings!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The Furio has OK tweedy interior and a bit of red plastic trim - it has Volcane bumpers with fogs too so looks quite nice, even in the white ours came in [:)]
Adrian
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

16v got standard abs i think havent they
auras got standard power steering?
adrain, whats wrong with white! its me favorite car colour!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

My old ZX td Avantage has the following,
Remote central locking, eletcric front windows, electric sunfroof, grey bumpers and interior and 14" steel wheels.
It go's great since the service and is currently returning 440 miles per £30 diesel. I would say that it has an electric N/S mirror but it's broken at the moment, any body got one for sale.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

The most ive got out of my 16v is 330 miles on £39, normally around 300 but then a lot of my driving is on useless coastal roads to work in traffic jams. Its quite good on motorways