XM plip control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

franciscolunn
My Cars:

XM plip control

Post by franciscolunn »

I'm still having problems with my central locking as my plip control won't now work after me messing with the fuses, anyway been to several garages but no joy with a result except for my wallet being lighter, much frustration later went to a citroen garage and needless to say pound signs were flashing on their faces, why not i ask as they need to earn a living but i thought i'd give the forum another go, basically i was wondering if anybody had a plip control for sale,my car is a 2.1 series 2 and apparently all the normal coding and such like don't work on a series 2,i have to open the car by key from the passenger side and lean over to move the drivers door locking up which is a pain everytime,i can lock the car from the passenger side and all locks shut but not open them with the key.
ta
benji27
My Cars:

Post by benji27 »

is the plip infra red or RF[?] If its an IR one, I have a plipper and a contol unit to match. Its from a series 1 I am breaking up for spares. contact us if its of any use
franciscolunn
My Cars:

Post by franciscolunn »

thanks benji27, but mine is a series 2 RF plipper and citroen say thats where my problem lies whatever that means, they won't divulge info unless i pay them fair enough but i'll sort it myself initially if i can, they've had enough dosh of me just lately.
franciscolunn
My Cars:

Post by franciscolunn »

finaly went to a citroen jobby,no luck,cost me £200 and no result,help.