Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 9HY 54 NON-FAP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RDE
New User

Xsara Picasso 1.6 HDI 110 9HY 54 NON-FAP

Post by RDE »

Hi All,

I have asked this question on a previous forum as well but 2 forum's opinions is better then one before I proceed.

I have as above a Lovely French MPV, Citroen Xsara Picasso 110 9HY 54 Non-FAP, with exclusive arm rests for when driving those long tedious journeys (love this feature)

I have had a problem since purchasing where I have a lot of Black Smoke, Loss of Power when on a motorway cruise and accerlating, a bit of a judder and sometimes just general rough running however when driving around town don't seem to have much problem apart from the Smoke! I was at one stage having having p0238 appear.

I purchased a bottle of Wynns EGR3 and some FORTE Diesel Treatment blasted it and the faults at the moment apart from the SMOKE! have gone, so I know its pretty much the EGR, so like on my old car to save having the troubles over and over I wish to blank it off!

I have already purchased a blanking plate, stainless steel for that matter, just want to check that it is ok to fit it to this engine.

Thank you in advance.