c5 2006 sidelights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dowen

c5 2006 sidelights

Post by dowen »

Well I've had this car just over a month, and all in all I'm really pleased, only 53k on clock, so it still feels pretty tight!
It has plenty of power for a 2ltr HDI est, its certainly not a boy racers car! but then I'm not a boy racer!
Couple of little niggles! firstly.automatic Intermittent windscreen wipers are all over the place, I've never had a car where they've worked properly!No I'm wrong I had an old Rover with an infinitely variable control, you could adjust between constant and one sweep every 30 seconds, or there about.

Anyway my only problem is the side lights don't work, there's no fuse, I believe they are controlled by BSI Can anyone give me a clue on a fix? I'm not sure if they worked when I bought the car as I didn't try them!

Dave.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: c5 2006 sidelights

Post by myglaren »

dowen wrote:Well I've had this car just over a month, and all in all I'm really pleased, only 53k on clock, so it still feels pretty tight!
It has plenty of power for a 2ltr HDI est, its certainly not a boy racers car! but then I'm not a boy racer!
Couple of little niggles! firstly.automatic Intermittent windscreen wipers are all over the place, I've never had a car where they've worked properly!No I'm wrong I had an old Rover with an infinitely variable control, you could adjust between constant and one sweep every 30 seconds, or there about.
The screen over the sensor needs to be cleaner than a clean thing. Mine work (almost) perfectly since having a new screen fitted and keeping it very clean.
Anyway my only problem is the side lights don't work, there's no fuse, I believe they are controlled by BSI Can anyone give me a clue on a fix? I'm not sure if they worked when I bought the car as I didn't try them!
Dave.
There are some other posts concerning the sidelights on newer C5s. I've just bunged a pair of LEDs in (less than a fiver on the Bay of e) as the originals looked dimmer than a glow-worm. Haven't decided if I like them yet - they are a bit blue.