help needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dawsy 22
My Cars:

help needed

Post by dawsy 22 »

hi all I have a 2,2 c5 which has a fault that i have been hot been able to rectify despite a lot of effort on my behalf the car lacks power and seems like the turbo boost does not get to the engine the car struggles up hillsand is slow to accelerate I have checked all the rubber pipes for leaks and none found even took the car to a local indy who relieved me of 40 pounds only to tell me he didnt no what the fault is Is there anybody on here within a 100 mile radius of devizes in wiltshire who has a lexia and is willing to have a look at my beast i am willing to pay for this service just to get the car running as it should I dont want to keep chucking my money away to people ,and would much rather give it to a enthusiast ,
Thanks Ian
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: help needed

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am unable to help directly, but if you look here you should find a Lexia owner near to you;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
dawsy 22
My Cars:

Post by dawsy 22 »

Thanks for the reply i tried to contact a guy in warminster which is quite close to me but he seems to be in active so i thought i would ask for general help and see who replies I would love to get this fault sorted as i am fond of the car and dont want to scrap it for what could be a easy fi
Thanks Ian
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm in Twyford in Berks, near Reading if that's any use..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Do you have any faults coming up on screen?

Have you checked the accelerator cable for slack? When I got mine it needed adjustment as would not rev and would not go over 90mph.

Are the swirl flaps working? Search on here for how to test.

Does the turbo pipe blow up when the engine is revved up? Large pipe at front of engine.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
dawsy 22
My Cars:

Post by dawsy 22 »

Northern_Mike wrote:I'm in Twyford in Berks, near Reading if that's any use..

Hi Mike if you have a lexia and you are willing to plug it in to my c5 I am more than willing to travel to your location which looks about 65 miles from my location,when do you have a spare hour or two
Thanks Ian
dawsy 22
My Cars:

Post by dawsy 22 »

waynedance wrote:Do you have any faults coming up on screen?

Have you checked the accelerator cable for slack? When I got mine it needed adjustment as would not rev and would not go over 90mph.

Are the swirl flaps working? Search on here for how to test.

Does the turbo pipe blow up when the engine is revved up? Large pipe at front of engine.
Hi the swirl valve works as it should,i have adjusted the throttle cable,the large pipe at the front of the engine expands when the engine is revved up but not a great deal,all the pipes and intercooler have been checked for leaks but none seem apparent,as i have said in previous posts the pressurised air seems to be escaping from somewhere but i cant locate it
Thanks Ian
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

dawsy 22 wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:I'm in Twyford in Berks, near Reading if that's any use..

Hi Mike if you have a lexia and you are willing to plug it in to my c5 I am more than willing to travel to your location which looks about 65 miles from my location,when do you have a spare hour or two
Yes of course.

Right, I'm off for the rest of today but working 7am-7pm Friday and Saturday. Then I'm working 7pm-7am Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night then I'm off until the following Monday.

So, either today, Sunday or anytime after about 1pm on Wednesday until Monday 23rd..

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

If you do it next Thursday I believe I have nothing planned...I could meet you halfway.

dawsy 22
My Cars:

Post by dawsy 22 »

Northern_Mike wrote:If you do it next Thursday I believe I have nothing planned...I could meet you halfway.

The best day for me is next wednesday as i am working next weekend if that is ok with you I dont mind driving all the way to you
Thanks Ian