Car alarm chaos

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

shutting all the vents off is worth a try - especially those that point near the sensors.
Our our Xsara we started to have this problem of the alarm going off at random intervals (nearly always at night) and since it was under warranty from the dealer we bought it from we got Citroen to look at it and the cost was recovered.
I'd tried deactivating the sensors and this didn't make any difference so I gave up on my own investigations! When we picked the car up we were told it had needed 2 new ultrasonic sensors and a replacement diode that had burnt out - apparently this was the cause of the inability to deactivate the sensors by pressing the button provided (which annoyingly has no light to tell you what state it's in!!)
The Citroen dealer also told me once a fault has been stored in the alarm it's likely to keep going off until the fault code has been cleared - our '99 car has a readable fault code memory through the ECU.
Adrian
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I have had the usual Xantia false alarm problems.
The frequency of false alarms dropped after fitting a new battery (the 12V one, not the plip battery) and since resealing the notorious estate lid I have not had any. (touch wood).
It got to be quite a problem at one point. I don't think the wind was to blame as it was going off inside a garage on calm days.
puddle jumper
My Cars:

Post by puddle jumper »

Had the same problem as kered - living in the country false alarms always seem to be traceable to a moth, spider or in the wind, the infamous lesser spotted air freshner. !!
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

Forget the factory fitted alarms, go for one of the new Clifford G5's..they are spot on.[8D]