MK2 Berlingo Airbag Warning Light Woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deeky

MK2 Berlingo Airbag Warning Light Woes

Post by Deeky »

Hi all
Airbag warning light on dash stays on. Always has since Ive owned it. Its a 03, 1.9 D van,( no passenger a/b) Believe now its an Mot fail.
Have checked and cleaned the under seat connectors so can pretty much rule that easy fix solution out. So really needs a
Lexia or similar fault diagnoses session on it. So just asking if anyone reasonably near me would be kind enough to check it out for me? Would be willing to pay for it of course (within reason lol) I'm based on the Lincs East coast Mablethorpe area
So if anyone could point me in the right direction would be very appreciative... Cheers :)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: MK2 Berlingo Airbag Warning Light Woes

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This would be a good place to start looking;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welcome aboard, by the way.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

You will probably get some more help over on http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For what it's worth, it's probably the earth to the steering column (does the horn still work ok?) or the ribbon cables that go from the Comm 2000 unit behind the wheel to the airbag that have broken internally. Have a search through the numerous posts on the Berlingo forum about similar issues..
Deeky

Post by Deeky »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:This would be a good place to start looking;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welcome aboard, by the way.
Thanks Hell Razor5543 Ive had a look and can see a user FrenchLeave from Boston not too far from me
Will try to PM him tomorrow and see if hes willing to help me out. [-o<
Deeky

Post by Deeky »

Northern_Mike wrote:You will probably get some more help over on http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For what it's worth, it's probably the earth to the steering column (does the horn still work ok?) or the ribbon cables that go from the Comm 2000 unit behind the wheel to the airbag that have broken internally. Have a search through the numerous posts on the Berlingo forum about similar issues..
Hi mate thanks for that. I'm a recent member of that forum, and they have
tried to help me out with this airbag light problem, ideally needs a Lexia on it
Must admit not checked the Horn so will try it tomorrow. Thanks again..
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

You're welcome. I've got the same problem, but I've got a passenger airbag so there is a way round it for MOT purposes, but you need a Lexia for that too.... My horn doesn't work either, and with the MOT coming up at the end of October, it's going to be interesting fixing it. I'll post here and on the Berlingoforum when I've sorted it ..
Deeky

Post by Deeky »

Northern_Mike wrote:You're welcome. I've got the same problem, but I've got a passenger airbag so there is a way round it for MOT purposes, but you need a Lexia for that too.... My horn doesn't work either, and with the MOT coming up at the end of October, it's going to be interesting fixing it. I'll post here and on the Berlingoforum when I've sorted it ..
Sorry to hear that pal hope you get it sorted. Ive checked the horn and its ok does this rule the bad earth out?
Loads of threads about both here and BerlingoForum about sorting/fixing airbags problems. Just wish I knew
what I was doing lol 8-[