Touch up paint and plastic grommets

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Danbuoy

Touch up paint and plastic grommets

Post by Danbuoy »

Hi, I have a 58 C5 in Thorium grey, and want to get a paint touch up kit to sort a couple of paint chips. I've had a look online, and there seem to be a lot available at very different prices. I don't want to pay too much (ideally around £15 or less), so can anyone recommend any that really do the job?

Also, I need two small, circular plastic grommets that are missing from the inside of my C5. Both are on the passenger side, one on the top corner of the front door, and one from the bottom corner of the rear door. Anyone know where I can get hold of a couple?

Thanks
Current car: Mar 13 to present: 58 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+
Past cars: Sept 05 - Mar 13: X reg Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi LX - 160k and still apparently going strong!
Sept 03 - Sept 05: N reg Citroen ZX diesel RIP (died on A50 after an altercation with a Merc)
dnsey

Re: Touch up paint and plastic grommets

Post by dnsey »

I bought a bottle of touch up paint from eBay seller 'ukautospares', and it's excellent - just the right consistency, exact match, and dries glossy without lacquer, as claimed. No connection with the seller etc...
The grommets should be available from any of the usual electronic component suppliers (RS, CPC, Rapid etc.).