C5 Exclusive interior door handle fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nant

C5 Exclusive interior door handle fault

Post by nant »

I have purchased a 2008 C5 Exclusive several weeks ago.

Everything was going well until the driver interior door handle has stopped working (wont open the door) and i now have to wind the window down and reach out to the exterior handle.

Is this a common fault with an easy fix (cable come off) or is it a trip to the dealer?

Thanks for the help in advance.
2008 C5 Exclusive
nant

Re: C5 Exclusive interior door handle fault

Post by nant »

Anybody?
2008 C5 Exclusive
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

to be correct...Everybody :)

has had a door handle break...:) quite common.

It is normally the plastic hinge inside which goes brittle.....1 hours job, parts from scrap yard. Pop off the door trim to gain access
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

IIRC someone else had a similar problem that involved stretched linkages.
Usually the handle snaps off inside :(
Haven't had this problem personally so can't give any useful advise but someone will be along eventually - not all members visit the forum daily.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

This discussion (clicky) is about a snapped handle but Clogzz describes how to get the door trim off. I think you need to do this before you go shopping for parts because, although I've never removed one off a C5, every other car I've taken one off ended up needing new clips.

And by the way, (Sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't know once and it may help others) When you get the door trim off, if you are faced with a sheet of clear plastic which you need to cut and tape back up afterwards (again i've never done a C5 but most doors have them), it's purpose is to let any water which gets by the window seal (or which drips in with the window open), run down to the bottom of the door and out the drain holes so cut up-across-down to keep the bottom intact and when taping it back up try to overlap the top of the 'flap' you have cut over the bit you have cut it from. (in other words remember water runs downhill.)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Haven't seen or heard any C5 X7 owners having this problem. Maybe the handles are different on the new shape cars. The door cards certainly are. Mine are totally different to the ones on my Mk1.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.