Xsara Picasso ABS fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pheaton9
New User

Xsara Picasso ABS fault

Post by pheaton9 »

Hello,

After recently driving my Picasso the ABS warning light appeared on the dashboard. I checked the front hubs to see if there was anything obvious and saw some score marks on the reluctor ring (I suspect a stone or something similar had got trapped). Although I couldn't see deep scoring I suspected that the ABS sensor may have been damaged. I decided to have the fault code checked at a local garage (this cost £40) and they confirmed that it was probably the sensor but may be the reluctor ring. They quoted me £139 to replace the sensor. In the end I replaced the sensor myself and hoped that the ABS light would go out - it hasn't.

At the moment I'm thinking that the reluctor ring may have to be replaced but can anybody confirm whether the ABS light will go out by itself once the fault is cured or does it need resetting with the diagnostic equipment.

If it is the latter, anybody in Sheffield with this equipment that could do it cheaper?

Thanks

Paul
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso ABS fault

Post by wheeler »

Normally with citroen ABS faults you need to clear the fault codes after the repair for the light to go out.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Xsara Picasso ABS fault

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

When Gracie had an ABS problem (failed sensor), once I replaced it and took her over 20KMH the ABS ECU was able to see the sensor was working, and cleared the error light itself. On the Xantias there are two tests that happen (if there appears to be an issue); a static test (are the sensors there?), and a mobile test (do the sensors show the correct speeds?). If these tests come back OK then the ABS is satisfied that things are working properly. However, I do not know if this is the case with a Xsara Picasso.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!