Demon one-man Brake Bleed tool

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Demon one-man Brake Bleed tool

Post by Old-Guy »

Some time ago, on the "Might be useful one day" principle, I saved the extending aluminium handle from Bettaware broom or similar - one of those that you twist to lock/unlock with a plastic hand grip on the end of the top section and a threaded plastic socket on the other.

Today I found the perfect use for it - much more useful than as a broom handle. :-D

Remove rubber tip from redundant walking stick and jam over the end of the hand grip. Cut hazel fork (as in extremely short thumb-stick) from hedge and trim to fit tightly in the plastic thread.

Now instead of fighting to jam a broom between driver's seat and brake pedal:
  • the forked end goes under steering wheel rim at the 6 o'clock position,
    extend the shaft so that rubber tipped end is on brake pedal, but don't lock
    press pedal down hard with heel and hold it down by locking the shaft.
I'll try to remember to take a picture some time.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Demon one-man Brake Bleed tool

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I have a length of timber for that very job, fits between the front of the seat and the brake, theres plenty of spring in the seat front. Only took me about twenty years of buggering about with Citroens before I got round to making it :)
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Demon one-man Brake Bleed tool

Post by citronut »

Old-Guy wrote:Some time ago, on the "Might be useful one day" principle, I saved the extending aluminium handle from Bettaware broom or similar - one of those that you twist to lock/unlock with a plastic hand grip on the end of the top section and a threaded plastic socket on the other.

Today I found the perfect use for it - much more useful than as a broom handle. :-D

Remove rubber tip from redundant walking stick and jam over the end of the hand grip. Cut hazel fork (as in extremely short thumb-stick) from hedge and trim to fit tightly in the plastic thread.

Now instead of fighting to jam a broom between driver's seat and brake pedal:
  • the forked end goes under steering wheel rim at the 6 o'clock position,
    extend the shaft so that rubber tipped end is on brake pedal, but don't lock
    press pedal down hard with heel and hold it down by locking the shaft.
I'll try to remember to take a picture some time.
Old-Guy
you only just worked that one out :roll: #-o :-D :wink:

i have a telescopic paint roller hand/poll i use as a one man/person brake light testing tool
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years