HDI turbo joint repair

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

isisalar
My Cars:

HDI turbo joint repair

Post by isisalar »

It has been diagnosed that I have a slight boost leak and that the most likely culprit is a rubber joining piece at the back of the engine. It's marked no.1 on this diagram:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qkdachwztdu4 ... .39.09.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With no workshop facilities I'm going to have to use a local mechanic and give him some instructions, so could anyone help me here? Any pictures or guidance will be much appreciated as he charges by the hour and I don't want to pay for a lot of head scratching time.I've got the part from Citroen, it cost about £15, and together with a new, secondhand, injector from ebay which I will fit myself, this should get the engine performing as it should at last. With the money saved on fuel I'll soon be able to afford to get the droplinks and P bushes done!(hopefully).
Cheers
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: HDI turbo joint repair

Post by RichardW »

It's about a 10 minute job (unless the undertray is still there, and refuses to come off quietly!), and any mechanic worth his apprenticeship will see it off no bother! Undo the two jubilees on the rubber bit, remove the bolt on the top of the pipe at the front of gearbox, pull the pipe down, change the rubber bit, stuff it back together. Make sure he gets the jubilees proper tight (using a spanner not a screwdriver) so it doesn't leak. Bolt in gearbox is not easily visible from underneath, but easy enough to remove with a socket and extension. Job can be done easily on a pair or ramps or axle stands.
Richard W
isisalar
My Cars:

Re: HDI turbo joint repair

Post by isisalar »

Well thanks for the prompt reply Richard, and what a relief it's not a major operation. Apparently I have one of the last remaining Xantias with a complete undertray and it's been off and on a few times lately and the bolts greased so that shouldn't be a major problem.
I was going into BL auto's this afternoon to see how much they would charge, and armed with your information, I've just phoned them and they may be able to do the job while I wait. Hopefully I'll only get charged 1/2 hours labour.
Thank you so much.
Cheers
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)