front brakes citroen bx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steviebx
My Cars:

front brakes citroen bx

Post by steviebx »

i don't do too many miles a year in my bx as i have the use of other vehicles and it's been supposedly serviced by someone else on a regular basis......service and mot etc once a year plus any other repairs as and when required
this week i had alarm bells when the brakes started to make metal on metal sounds........on inspection, i don't think the wheels had been off since i put new tyres on three or four years ago......nuts on the point of seizing and a mummified mouse caught under the wheel trim....pads nearly, and on the metal in places, discs rusty and shagged out and no brake wear indicator wiring........should never have got this bad 'with regular servicing' should it?...should have been informed about the brake wear indicator wiring at least......
have since done the job properly........
changed engine oil...see my other thread.......fuel filter was discoloured and i think partially blocked, hadn't been changed for years........and the air filter box was full of peanuts, yet another filter that hadn't been changed for years...full of dust, leaves, peanut husks and all manner of debris, definitetly bunged up......i'll check my old service receipts to what i've actually been paying for over the years
citronut
My Cars:

Re: front brakes citroen bx

Post by citronut »

maybe we should start a NAME and SHAME section, but i dont think it would be allowed on here,

did you take picy's of the mouse organs whoooops i mean remains or should that be our monica
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I can't see a problem with naming a garage that has been proven to have charged for work not done (fraud) or been incompetent with repairs that could have compromised primary safety of a vehicle.
It is legally a dangerous area to enter and the garage may have the grounds to sue for damages if their fault can't be proven beyond doubt.
A Name & Shame section would not be a good idea Malcolm, legal minefield, but I can't see a problem with someone posting that they are unhappy with their dealings with a certain garage because: ...

There is a precedent - some dealers who have provided suspect or poor service and/or charged for work not done have been mentioned by name previously in threads but not as a stand-alone thread or subject.

steviebx, I agree with Malcolm that as long as you can reasonably justify that you have been charged for work that they have failed to do then naming them would not be unreasonable. Be prepared for legal ructions if they see it and feel that they have a counter claim though.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I never had a BX with working pad wear indicators, I thought they broke them at the factory ?
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Stewart(oily) wrote:I never had a BX with working pad wear indicators, I thought they broke them at the factory ?
Mine worked :?