Window cable problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nevdixon
My Cars:

Window cable problems

Post by nevdixon »

Hi guys

just on sorting out my passenger side front window due to corroded cable (2008 C5X7 - known fault when I got it) and I'm struggling to get the new cables on - they are either massively too tight or massively too loose.

Has anyone got any tips or photos of how they go back on

Cheers

Nev
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav
nevdixon
My Cars:

Re: Window cable problems

Post by nevdixon »

All sorted now - had to trim about 3/4 inch off the cable sheath for the short cable - all back together and working now thanks to the guides and posts on this formum

Nev
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

But did you get your bluetooth and nav set up ok?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
nevdixon
My Cars:

Post by nevdixon »

Now that's another story...............

did a firmware upgrade - everything works fine except the sat nav thinks I'm in North Africa and doesn't see any satellites!!!

I refuse to be beaten though - it will be fixed or I'll die trying!!!!
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

You didn't buy the car in Egypt by any chance? :shock:

Does it have bluetooth, or sim card phone?
Rick.

nevdixon
My Cars:

Post by nevdixon »

Bluetooth and works fully with my Xperia P including address book etc,

Does anyone know of any documentation describing the info dispalyed on the "hidden menu" especially the system menu and nav menu?
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

nevdixon wrote:did a firmware upgrade - everything works fine except the sat nav thinks I'm in North Africa and doesn't see any satellites!!!
What happens if you drive to North Africa ? Where does it think you are then ? :-D

A complete shot in the dark, but is your date and time set correctly ? I know these can be tied to the satellites, but they might need to be set roughly right to start with. How long have you given it to find the satellites ?
Out of interest - did you go straight to the latest firmware upgrade, or did you do one or two in between ?
Have you done the hidden menu reset ?
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
nevdixon
My Cars:

Post by nevdixon »

I reset the time and date and it's getting a bit better although we are still in Morocco according to the map!!!

When I go into the hidden menu and select nav then info the raw lat / long is correct but the dead reckoning lat / long is all 0's and the number of satellites is never more than 2.

I've downgraded the firmware back to 20.16 but no change. I'll have another crack at it tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Nev
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Mine has stuck a couple of times in strange places (not as strange as North Africa mind). Are you on a new road/estate? Mine stuck as I was travelling through a new section of the M9/M73. It started going in the wrong direction, then stopped in a town many miles from where I was. I reset the destination a couple of times without success, then stopped at a services area and got myself a cuppa. When I started the car half an hour later, put in the destination again, all was back to normal.
Maybe you need to get away a few miles from where you are and try again.
Rick.

nevdixon
My Cars:

Post by nevdixon »

Disconnected the battery for 30 mins this morning then shorted the cables together with a socket extension. Reconnected the battery and lo and behold locked onto 6 satellites within 30 seconds!!!! =D>

Many thanks for all you suggestions guys

Nev
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

:-D Yeah, but are you still somewhere in Africa?
Rick.

nevdixon
My Cars:

Post by nevdixon »

Unfortunately last time I looked it said I was at work :cry: - I'd rather be in North Africa!!!!!!! :lol:
2008 C5 VTR+ Nav