Lexia / Planet Install Help Please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Lexia / Planet Install Help Please

Post by rory_perrett »

Will post this on the Peugeot section as well but I feel more at home in Citroen land and know how helpful you guys are.

I’m having problems installing Peugeot Planet software. I’ve had the Lexia for a while for the Citroens. Installed the Lexia 3 software no problem and been using it happily with the Xantia and Xsara. Now I want to install Peugeot Planet to read the codes off a neighbour’s very very sick 2001 51 plate 206 petrol. (I am assuming a standard OBD II reader isn't going to work on it)

This is the sequence so far.
Boot computer, laptop is running XP service pack 3.
Disable internet connection and antivirus
I have created the version.txt file on the c: drive.
Run Instpc from the CD supplied with the Hardware.
Get first pop-up box with instructions – last line of which is “Validated to continue, otherwise, press the return key” I get 2 options, bottom left button showing exit and F1, bottom right showing “OK” and return key symbol. I click “OK”. Next box asks for language selection, I click Union Jack, I then get the option of F3 to accept or F4 to reject. I accept by selecting F3.
Next screen gives the message “Updating Portable” followed after a while by a picture of a Peugeot 107. Then after another short while I get a new box saying, “The installation of your application has failed. “Please restart ........ Confirm to end”. Only option is button bottom right showing “OK” and return symbol. I select this and the install closes.
Tried doing the install in safe mode – same result.
Anyone go any clues please?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Lexia / Planet Install Help Please

Post by spider »

Posted a bit here as saw this one first > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 83#p377783" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Re: Lexia / Planet Install Help Please

Post by rory_perrett »

Thanks for assistance - problem seems to be solved. In the end I gave up on the version on my disc and downloaded a slightly newer version from the net. That has now installed, all I have to do now is activate and see what happens when I plug it in to the car.