BX '90 Dashboard

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Luthfi
My Cars:

BX '90 Dashboard

Post by Luthfi »

I am looking for (new/refurbish) BX 1990 dashboard, has anybody know where to get it?
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Sounds like your sun is as bad as ours....I'd suggest your only chance would be a wrecker as I feel if it were available as a new replacement part, the price would stun you.
Being in Indonesia, freight would be costly too if it had to come from overseas wouldn't it?
To come from England, I could imagine the freight figure being around the 100 UK pounds mark given the sheer bulk of it.
Sorry I can't be any more help than that mate, but I think you're going to have to chase up a local car wrecker/recycler.
Alan S
Luthfi
My Cars:

Post by Luthfi »

actually the worst is not all dashboard, the realy bad is only canopy where the speedometer and all indicators..
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Luthfi,
I had one on an earlier model BX that "turned to dust" due to sun damage. I removed the binnacle cover, stuck all the bits together & then covered the whole thing in fibre glass. When set properly, I then sanded it all down and finished it off as though it was ready for painting and then covered it with a vinyl material the same colour as the dashboard.
It came up so well that when I sold the vehicle, none of the potential buyers even noticed that it was not original and being fibreglass, I doubt that it will ever crack again. It cost almost nothing to do and wasn't all that difficult a job.
Just a thought.
Alan S