Xantia trick bits!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Burns
My Cars:

Xantia trick bits!!

Post by Dave Burns »

Do any of us here have an Exclusive or some other top end model with the auto indexing passenger door mirror, if so, any idea where the memory module and associated bits like relays are on the car, this would be a usefull feature to have on my car at the moment and save me having to twiddle with the switches.
Dave
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Yes, we do - Xantia Exclusive HDi 110 (2000)Unfortunately we have never been able to get the "indexing" to work despite following the instructions in the handbook and since it says "depending on model" in the handbook we assumed it didn't apply to ours! So I'm afraid I can't be much help but will be interested in other replies!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

If the car was fitted with electric seat adjustment from new then it should have an 'indexing' N/S mirror. To set it in position put the car in reverse with the ignition on then position the N/S to your 'preferred' reversing option. This should then be recorded and the mirror will adjust to that position when reverse is selected.
Having had this on a previous Xantia I must say I found it to be of dubious benefit as I didn't always reverse into the same situation and found that I had to re-adjust the mirror depending on whether I was reversing against the kerb or a parking space.
Before buying that car I enquired with the technical dept at Citroen Slough about fitting it to my Xantia I had at that time but it was described as more than just fitting an 'ECU'.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I remembered this posting (sad I know) and decided out of interest to take a look at one of my Xantias which is fitted with a 'indexed' N/S mirror to find out how it works.
Basically there is a small ECU fitted just below the alarm sensor wiring joint with something like 20 small wires (yes really) running in/out of it. The wiring loom on the N/S door is also different, having another 5 larger wires running to it.
So just as I was told by Citroen, not an easy fitment. The ECU is costs £130 from Citroen, gulp!!