C5 weirdness

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Re: C5 weirdness

Post by Stempy »

myglaren wrote:The facelift ones have rear wash/wipe. Something I miss on mine.
If you haven't got Xenon headlights then the foglights are built in to the dipped headlights - twin filament bulb.
Rotate the inner barrel on the light stalk, once for rear foglights then again for front fogs. Could be reversed. Can be set with a Lexia but on my estate they worked one way for a while then reversed by themselves.
Just had my first night time drive and it appears that I have HID headlamps so I assume front fog lamps are considered unnecessary. They seem to do a little dance when you spark them up, they must have some kind of electrical aim adjustment which seems a strange thing to have on a car with self levelling suspension.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

The headlamps are self levelling and when you first switch on at night the motors do a little dance to find the level position. Most noticable if your parked on a slope.

You should also have headlamp washer jets in the front bumper which shoot out like james bond machine guns.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Yes I have the shoot out headlamp washers, but would have found fog lamps and rear wash wipe more useful. Were these things an option at the original point of sale or is it just Citroen making random decisions on final spec?
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm