Need help for MOT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Need help for MOT

Post by oscar »

Hi need to get my Zanty working for mot but still can't get drivers door to unlock from dead lock.
when you put key in lock it unlocks all the doors apart drivers one or i should say won't take the deadlock off the button pops up like it is but the handle on outside or inside don't do anything.

where abouts is the deadlock mechanism located in the door?

Is it like a soleniod or similar like as normally when hold key you hear that sort of whirr sound as it comes on and does it just move something out of way so handles are inoperative?

All the other doors open ok

Would disconnecting the battery then reconnecting help with current on/off?

Or is it a door card butchering?

Im sure someone has dealt with this before on here!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Need help for MOT

Post by citroenxm »

Delt with this on a rear door but not a front door. Sounds like the deadlock release wire could of broken between the door and the car which is a common thing to happen..

The deadlock disable mechanisem is built into the door lock in the door..

Getting at the wiring between the door is a wing off. To get the wing off you need to open the door to get at the two bolts holding it..

Its looking like door card destroyment to get at the lock to also destroy that to get the door open then replaceing the lock mechanisem..

The only other thing i think of is that you been really unlucky and both opening rods from the inside handle and the outside handle have both come loose and arent operating the lock... theres two seperate rods..

The inside rod is pinch held to the handle and that can come undone.. the outer handle has another rod and its held by a sort oc crocodile teeth catch these can also slip and then stop the mechanisem releasing..

TRY when you pull on the door handle push the top of the door frame and pull the handle. I had a white xantia which sometimes the outer handle wouldnt work without a shove on the top of the window frame..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi thanks for replying.
What it did do before! is it keep locking as soon as i unlocked did on all doors plus abit of lock/unlock when was driving then gave you with that.

What i noticed was that it was going straight onto deadlock where as you or i had to do on key and hold for 5 sec's etc to enable deadlocks it was also doing with the fob on first touch of it..

But what i did was to see if was deadlocked was have window down then try i tried inside handle and it was locked but then wouldn't unlock anymore just the first part ie normal locking but all the others doors work ok.

Is the part that makes it deadlock in drivers door lock ie a unit on back of it or inside it? and is that the master for other doors.

The reason i ask is so know which direction to head to once destroyed door card!

Pity can't drill inside of door/pillar to break lock etc as can get in from rear door that side.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Dead locking is part of the lock unit itself, but that might not be the cause here - it mat just be that the rods have fallen off, or the lock is worn out, and can be released once the door card is off. It should be possible the get the door card off without wrecking it I'd have thought - you will need to take the seat out though, which might be interesting!!
Richard W
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi it unlocks from it with key/fob and button pops up on drivers door and others well didnt today as battery flat so charging that.
It started or happened after i tried to see if it was going straight on to d locks that time and tried from inside then that was it as before then it was locking as i put above as not using car much so been sitting there.
but going to have a try tomorrow and sort plastic bonio for height adjuster which we thinks come off so got a new one.
Did try today with jumper pack to see if connecting/reconnecting did anything but just a big fat "zilch".