c5 2008 window reg unusual problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ger34

c5 2008 window reg unusual problem

Post by Ger34 »

Hi guys,first time poster
I successfully replaced the front window regulator cables on both front windows on my 2008 c5,thanks to all the advice on this forum.
Everything was going fine for about a month until the drivers side developed a new problem.
When I pull the switch for the window to close fully on auto,it rises to closed position, then after a second lowers itself to the halfway position.Then if I pull the switch again to rise it lowers to the fully opened position.
The only way to get it to remain in the fully closed position is to raise it to that position using the inching position of the switch.
I have tried resetting the upper and lower limits of window to no avail.
Anybody got any ideas?
ps.
Have now removed the reg assy from door and activated without window attached.The slides travel to their uppermost position and stayed there,so now even more confused.
dnsey

Re: c5 2008 window reg unusual problem

Post by dnsey »

This actually appears to be a common problem. It seems that the anti-pinch system is rather over-sensitive, and the slightest additional friction can fool it. Lubrication of all moving parts, and cleaning the weather seals, may well cure it.
Ger34

Post by Ger34 »

dnsey wrote:This actually appears to be a common problem. It seems that the anti-pinch system is rather over-sensitive, and the slightest additional friction can fool it. Lubrication of all moving parts, and cleaning the weather seals, may well cure it.
Thanks for advice dnsey.
Have tried this but problem still there.The window makes it to the very top then it decides to drop to half open or half closed depending on what way you look at it.
Ger34

Post by Ger34 »

Ger34 wrote:Hi guys,first time poster
I successfully replaced the front window regulator cables on both front windows on my 2008 c5,thanks to all the advice on this forum.
Everything was going fine for about a month until the drivers side developed a new problem.
When I pull the switch for the window to close fully on auto,it rises to closed position, then after a second lowers itself to the halfway position.Then if I pull the switch again to rise it lowers to the fully opened position.
The only way to get it to remain in the fully closed position is to raise it to that position using the inching position of the switch.
I have tried resetting the upper and lower limits of window to no avail.
Anybody got any ideas?
ps.
Have now removed the reg assy from door and activated without window attached.The slides travel to their uppermost position and stayed there,so now even more confused.
New extension to the above problem.
The window has now decided to lower itself at random times.

Anybody got a clue because I hav'nt?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I suspect the switch module. In earlier C5s they are somewhat notorious for developing quirks. A dismantle and clean often does the trick but sometimes it can be bad solder joints.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Might be worth trying a BSI reset.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Ger34

Post by Ger34 »

Tried the BSI reset and a quick clean of the switch unit but no luck,went out this morning and the damn window was down.Lucky it had'nt rained.
Any more ideas lads?