Rising of xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hans
My Cars:

Rising of xantia

Post by Hans »

Xantia 94-1.9TD. Situation: When starting the engine the stop light goes of after a few seconds (normal). But when driving away it takes about a kilometer before the suspension finally becomes soft(before car rises). When driving the absorbers are perfect so no problem om the spheres I think.
What can I do to get the pressure on faster? (replace something?)
Even if I keep the engine running for half a minute before driving away doesn't help..
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

If theres sufficient LHM in the tank, then the problem is more than likely the pump is becoming slow with age. Temperature also plays a part, I've noticed mine rises slower in the cold weather.
Really theres not a lot you can do other than replace the pump, which is not cheap. You will find it will rise a lot quicker if you rev it to 2000 RPM for 10 seconds shortly after starting.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Hans
I agre entirely with Blueboy if you have the twin outlet pump and therefor no flow diverter. If you have a diverter this could be the cause of your problems. There are a number of postings on this subject including some by me.
Jeremy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The '94 xantia would have the FDV fitted. A known bugger.
Hans
My Cars:

Post by Hans »

Mine has a no flow divider anymore.. maybe they've replaced it before I bought the car.I think I rev it up before driving.
Hans