Xantia Hdi 110 remove clutch master cylinder

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

seedy
My Cars:

Xantia Hdi 110 remove clutch master cylinder

Post by seedy »

This arises because I appear to have a leak from the brake master cylinder. LHM is dripping onto the bulkhead under the bonnet. It makes a substantial puddle on the garage floor and has left a track along the road and up the drive. This isn't going to last.

I need to examine it more closely and because it's a 110, there's a clutch master cylinder in the way. Question is, how to remove the clutch master cylinder. Is it a bayonet fitting like the clutch slave? Would the brake push-rod remain fixed to the pedal?

In case anyone wonders if this is related to my recent questions about the clutch hydraulics, I should say that issue is not yet resolved. I can drive the car about 10 miles or so before I have to fiddle with the clutch slave cylinder to ensure continued gear selections, but that's another thread.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Xantia Hdi 110 remove clutch master cylinder

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Theres a thread here somewhere about a Xantia with a leaking Doseur valve, the fastenings are in the footwell and the leak is often a rubber return coming off the bottom, not had the pleasure of delving there on mine, yet!
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Xantia Hdi 110 remove clutch master cylinder

Post by citroenxm »

It is easy to remove... under the dash pop the push rod off the cluch pedal side, then just like the gearbox twist it to release from the bulkhead.

As for your leak, please DO refer to HERE, this topic for further info on the valve removal.. but being a HDi you will have more room behind the engine, and also theres no need to remove any high pressure lines if you are carefull..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto