xantia alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timmsd

xantia alarm

Post by timmsd »

How do I cancel the xantia alarm?
I have the key code which enters OK but the red light remains flashing and the lights flash periodically. The alarm siren is switched off with the key. The remote key fob don't work.
Any ideas?
Dave
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

From memory, you have to do something like get in the car, turn on the ignition, and then press the interior sensor disable button.
timmsd

Post by timmsd »

Yes. I've tried that. Normally I use the plip to deadlock it and then unlock it but as the plip or sensor don't work I'm stuck.
Do you know how to reprogramme a plip?
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

There's been an article on here recently, I think of the IR rather than radio type. Involves turning the ignition on with one key, and pointing the plip at the sensor, or something like that.
I'd do a search, it's only been on here in the last couple of weeks.
I presume you realise you can deadlock the car by keeping the key pressed against the spring when locking for another few seconds - it doesn't set the alarm though...
My plip batteries seem to last about two days, I'm going to re-solder the damn things !
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Dave - to reprogram a plip, put a second key in the ignition and turn it to the first stage (battery light showing) and point the plip very close to the pod in the roof. Now mine wouldn't program like this, so the guy at the dealer took the pod section out the headlining, removed the sensor and pointed the plip directly at the sensor and it operated the locks first time that way.
As an aside the lamp unit turned up today, thanks very much. Will £10 cover postage and a drink for yourself?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

...and if you haven't got a spare remove the small screw in the fob and take out the PCB then you can put it to the roof recivier and do the igniton thingy with the other half.
Ross [:o)]
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

Cancelling the alarm is done by turning the key in the ignition so the warning lights come on, then pressing the override button beside the steering wheel. You MUST do this within 10-15 seconds of unlocking the car for it to work though. If you lock the car with the key, the alarm doesn't arm itself anyway.
The IR plips are a pain in the nether regions. Neither of mine worked properly ( or even at all ) when I got the cars. The circuit boards seem to be very prone to dry jointing all over - the only real solution is to rework all the soldered joints with a fine tipped, temperature controlled iron. It certainly worked for me, and I didn't even need new batteries!
Stu.
timmsd

Post by timmsd »

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will try.
My problem is that the alarm was on when the baterry was disconnected and now I can't get a plip to reprogramme (tried 2 receivers so may be a fault elsewhere). I've tried the key in ignition and then press the cancel button in the car but that didn't work either.
However I'll try all this again and let you know.
Blueboy..... glad you got the light. Sorry the first one didn't adjust. I'm not bothered about the money. Have it on me!
Dave
timmsd

Post by timmsd »

Thanks to all. I got it to work now.
I didn't realise that you can deadlock the door with just the key. Doing this and then opening with the key seemed to sort it out.
The other way of cancelling the alarm is to do what the handbook says!
Maybe I should have read this more carefully. Open the door turn the ignition on and press th cancel button on the dash,.. but keep it pressed until alarm cancels (they don';t say this). Also you've got to be bloody quick. They say you have 10-15 s.... I think this meant 15-10=5s!
Dave