Xantia a/c blower fan relay??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DeafOldFart

Re: Xantia a/c blower fan relay??

Post by DeafOldFart »

I'm going through an identical experience... and have most of the contents of the dash on the rear seats...
Relay identification is very difficult, because the relay sockets can be clipped into any available hole. The good news is that they can be unclipped and exposed to check wiring.
Blue relay at rear for wiper delay, rear screen heater is the big orange one.. with timer incorporated. All done by feel...
I am making up assorted bypass leads, with the trusty crimp kit.
HINT - if you are prodding about and might be risking a short circuit - put a light bulb in series. A headlamp bulb allows 5 amps max through a dead short...if the current required in a sense circuit is very low, the low resistance of the element allows the circuit to work as normal.
Just because you can't see it, don't mean it ain't there..... if it floats, flies or fornicates ,you are better off renting
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

To help with relay identification, here are the wiring diagrams for air conditioning for a Series 2 Xantia, RPO 7905. There may be slight differences for different RPO ranges but it should be pretty much correct for any Series 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y2t ... nciple.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9l7 ... lation.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/j72 ... Wiring.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps. If the location (installation) diagram doesn't seem to match let me know the RPO number for your car, engine type, hatch/estate etc and I can look up that specific variant.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
DeafOldFart

Post by DeafOldFart »

Thank you Mandrake! Worth putting this info permanently visible somewhere.. very useful
Just because you can't see it, don't mean it ain't there..... if it floats, flies or fornicates ,you are better off renting
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I won't delete the files from my dropbox account, I have a folder in there for forum attachments that I know not to delete as they are attached to a forum post somewhere...

I have a large number of electrical diagrams I've exported from Sedre into PDF format for the Series 2 Xantia that I could upload somewhere, the problem with that is that there are differences in the diagrams depending on RPO number, A/C or not, Engine type, LHD vs RHD, hatch/estate, various features and option packs (cruise control or not, headlight washers etc) so the diagrams that I have converted to PDF for my own convenience and use are specific to my age and spec of Xantia and may not be correct for someone else.

So it's easier for me to just look up the correct car details and convert and post the correct diagrams when someone needs something. Some diagrams are more generic than others though.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
DeafOldFart

Post by DeafOldFart »

Found the snag... really basic!! Battery terminal corrosion, poor connection to bus bar... volts showed as okay with test meter, but no current could flow.
Remedy - replace battery terminal, fit new leads to bus bars. Possibly this assembly can be renewed, but access is fun!

Thanks for all the assistance, folks!!
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

DeafOldFart wrote:Battery terminal corrosion, poor connection to bus bar
A successful outcome :) and a useful reminder for us all. Battery terminal corrosion will get worse as cars get older.
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Take a look at my topic as a sticky!! Entitled Check your battery cables now..

Prehaps this information should be added to the topic so its not lost or forgotton.

Well done a damm good find that..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
MalcolmBrown

Post by MalcolmBrown »

I have now had the car fixed (permanently I hope). It took my local independent Citroen repairer over 3 hours and entailed removing the fuse box. Apparently there was a dry solder joint in the feed to fuse 12.
All fine for 3 whole days when a handbrake cable snapped...now that was a fun DIY job!
a/c still working :)
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Issues behind the Fuse box is NOT uncommon!

Ive had a main feed from the engine bay break up to the fuse box.. That resulted in RHW! Try tracing that from scratch!

Other has been a jumper wire which had corroded away from a previous fix.. Other people have had to do stuff too.

Well Done on the Fix.. I nice result!
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto