C5 2003 2.0 Petrol auto - opinions please. .

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

C5 2003 2.0 Petrol auto - opinions please. .

Post by Northern_Mike »

Brother-in-law wants an automatic family car, petrol costs not a problem. Has spotted a 03 plate C5, 91k, history, clean as a whistle for a kind of reasonable 900 quid.

Opinions? I've warned about the 'box but it should still be ok for some time yet if it shifts well. He's too far away for me to go and see it today.. starts fine, no noises or warning lights. Goes up and down.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Thirsty and a bit slow.

03 is the solenoid update year; assume they're not changed yet. Had recently to replace the cat on one with 165K (kilometres) so yours is close on miles.
Northern_Mike

Re: C5 2003 2.0 Petrol auto - opinions please. .

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:Thirsty and a bit slow.

03 is the solenoid update year; assume they're not changed yet. Had recently to replace the cat on one with 165K (kilometres) so yours is close on miles.

He's an American who had a Camaro and a Heep Cherokee over in the USA. Being from the South as well, where everything happens in slo-mo, I'm not sure speed or thirst matter. Especially as he only pays US prices for fuel over here.

It's got 9 months MOT on it and a bit of tax. He envisages using it for a year maximum to use as a "learner car" for him and my sis-in-law to use to get used to driving on the left in.

Thanks for the info re: solenoids and cat. I'd have gone up and put the Lexia on it had I known in advance but I'm working tonight.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

C5 will be cheap. Another large family car that will be cheap is a Saab 9-5 and it will have a lot more go, ignore the 2.0 it will return the same mpg as the 2.3. The Aero will very rapid indeed... :mrgreen: Have a look at this beauty...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Saab-9-5 ... 20d3824ab3

or this..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-SAAB-9-5 ... 4d0df9aa4f
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Northern_Mike wrote: petrol costs not a problem.
Then it has to be a V6 exclusive then 8-)