solved? 1.9td S2 xantia Throttle idle speed climbing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: almost solved? 1.9td S2 xantia Throttle idle speed climb

Post by citronut »

no no i know you were not critising,

also i always though the inertia device is only compressed at full throttle, as it being a buffer to stop the cable being over stretched

the other reason i say bin the complete old cable is over time the nylon inner sleeve the inner cable runs in, becomes damaged were the inner cable runs in it at the bends, so the inner cuts into the nylon sleeve, which can cause snagging,

obviously it seems not in this case after all
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: almost solved? 1.9td S2 xantia Throttle idle speed climb

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Malcolm,
the old outer sleve is solid plastic with no inner core which seems a little strange, there is no metal coil outer sleeve or inner sleeve, which is the standard type cable, mine is different in that repesct.

It was definately the vaccum pipe leaking that was causing the idle speed to race away to 1200. and not a frayed or stuck throttle cable.

it is amazing how much a split in a 10mm vaccum pipe can effect engine running.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.