Bx rear suspension dropping quickly

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

norfolkmick
My Cars:

Bx rear suspension dropping quickly

Post by norfolkmick »

Hi,
BX saloon, the rear suspension drops every quickly when the engine is switched off and is reluctant to rise again, the front come up normally. The rear also makes a lot of creaking noises. Would be grateful for any advice.
Mick
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Mick -
The creaking noise from the rear suspension is definately the rear suspension arm pivot bearings worn/dried out.
A dutch BX owner has done a description of the repair work with lots of photo's :
http://members.fortunecity.com/werkplaa ... agers.html
A complete repair kit (one side) containing all bits is available from GSF :
N42358 REAR ARM REPAIR KIT BX ALL (EXC BX 4X4) ARM REPAIR KIT 21.00
The fast rear sink is caused by internal leakages in the suspension.
These leakages may be :
1) One or both rear suspension cylinder leaking past a worn piston/bore O-ring. Can be checked by unplugging the plastic pipe from the rear bellows - rearmost pipe towards the sphere.
2) The rear Height Corrector (HC) leaking back - check the flow from the rubber hose on the HC.
3) The brake doseur (master or pedal) valve leaking back in the rear brakes circuit. This pressure is taken from the rear suspension. Check the flow from the black plastic pipe (running up/inside the engine bay rubber list) & and it's mate at reservoir.
The checks should be done with car in normal height & weight on suspension - i.e. to access the rear cylinder - the rear arms must be supported to carry the weight of the car with wheels off.
norfolkmick
My Cars:

Post by norfolkmick »

Thank you Sir, once again you've come to the rescue.
Mick