Synergie Drive Belt Tensioner Pulley

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Synergie Drive Belt Tensioner Pulley

Post by citronut »

BE WARNED EVERY TIME YOU EVEN JUST CRANK THE ENGINE EVEN WITHOUT IT FIRING UP, THERE IS A SERIOUS RISK THE CAM BELT CAN JUMP/SIP

even if non of the old belt entered the cam belt covers ( very likely ) the new belt jumping/slipping off can still do the dreaded,

once it has/does it will almost certainly cause engine damage
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
babaton

Post by babaton »

Hi, One more question.....

The belt seems to be sliding off the idler and tension roller although the rollers themselves seem to be ok. Should there be any thing to stop them sliding off? At one point the belt had slipped off on the inside edge of the ilder. I have a manual arriving soon so I shouldn't have to pester you guys much longer.

Cheers
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

If the spring loaded tensioner is worn the pulley will keel over a little bit and the belt will do what yours is doing, you will probably not see the wear until the tensioner is in your hands.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

almost certainly the cause of the belt shredding in the first place as we have all said earlier in this thread,
the auto tensioner is leaning over because the swinging arm pivot bearing has collapsed
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
babaton

Post by babaton »

Had a good go at this on friday evening and everything went really well. New tensioner,idler and belt, no more belt skipping. Took it on a 160 mile trip over the weekend and no problems at all!

Thanks very much folks, great advice, saved me a lot of time, money and hassle too.

Cheers!
babaton

Post by babaton »

thought I'd update this since I'm back on teh forum with a new synergie problem....the parts above fixed the issue, no problems since fittedback in july. Cheers folks.