citroen c5 2.2 vtr plus

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: citroen c5 2.2 vtr plus

Post by qprdude »

bobins wrote:As far as I can see from the various C5 brochures of that era, if it's got a built in sat nav then an '08 C5 will have Bluetooth built in, if it's not got a built in sat nav then it won't have Bluetooth.
Hope that helps.

Robin
Afraid not quite. The 2008 Exclusive with SAT NAV has no bluetooth. It has a slot for the phone sim which then operates through the car phone system run by the hard drive. It is voice controlled if you want and utilises the radio speakers with sound mute as factory fitted bluetooth, but it isn't bluetooth. I think Citroen started bluetooth in 2009> in the X7, with the newer SAT NAV.
The problem with some aftermarket bluetooth systems is making sure they are wired correctly to mute the radio/cd when making or receiving calls.
I had a Parrot Mki 9200 in my Rover 75 and it was excellent. I fitted it myself as the auto store where I bought it weren't sure how to wire it up to the steering wheel controls and the radio mute. Have to say, I don't fancy trying to do it in a C5
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Robert12 wrote:The dealer said all the steering wheels r the same vtr+-vtr+nav and the exclusive as mine is a vtr+ no nav no Bluetooth

Sorry Robert, for some reason I read your car as a C5+ Nav.
Senior moments are getting more frequent mate.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Robert12

Post by Robert12 »

No probs