where to buy a lexia?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john
My Cars:

Re: where to buy a lexia?

Post by john »

ok, removed it and reinstalled and appears ok, haven't connected it yet but i can get it to the main/home page :)
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Make sure you don't let it run the Internet update - it will offer to do this each time you launch it, just say no...because the Internet update will fail, and render it inactivated as well. (Requiring an uninstall and reinstall)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

well I knew it, I can't get it to connect, I'm using a windows 7 laptop, I choose the make and model, put in the rpo and vin it then gives me the choice of lexia or scantool, no matter which I choose it just keeps offering me the same choices.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

john wrote:well I knew it, I can't get it to connect, I'm using a windows 7 laptop, I choose the make and model, put in the rpo and vin it then gives me the choice of lexia or scantool, no matter which I choose it just keeps offering me the same choices.
Sounds like you're on 64bit. Press the Windows Key + Pause/Break, and it'll show in System Type whether it's 64 or 32 bit
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

And if you're on 32 bit (which should work) make sure you unplug the USB plug to the Lexia and plug it back in just before clicking Lexia otherwise it won't work. (We all have to do that)
Simon

1978 CX 2400
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

it says 64 bit.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

john wrote:it says 64 bit.
That'll be your issue then, either need a laptop with 32bit windows, or run it in a virtual machine. (I run XP 32bit in a VirtualBox Virtual Machine). if you have professional or ultimate edition of Windows 7 then you can use XP Mode too.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

its only a home premium, I have xp on my other laptop but I'm currently awaiting delivery of a new screen.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

ok so i can get it to "connect" but i cant get it to do much

pretty much all i get is a battery reading, im guessing im a tool and done something wrong?
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Is this on your XP laptop John ?

It looks like the PC is communicating with the interface (or you wouldn't have got as far as the diagnosis screen) but its not getting any response from the car.

Do you have another Citroen or Peugeot handy that you could test it on, just in case there is a problem with the car, like a blown fuse for the diagnostic socket ?

Have you double checked that the round multi-pin connector on the interface is plugged in all the way ? Try reseating it, as that connector can be a bit iffy and may not always go right in. I find I have to wiggle the round connector on mine to get it to go in at all.

Are you unplugging the USB plug from the interface box, waiting a few seconds, plugging it back in again and waiting a few seconds just before you click the Lexia button within the Diagbox app ?

Does it identify the VIN number for you car automatically, or does it ask you to enter a VIN or an RPO ? If so are you sure you've got the right VIN and/or RPO ?

Do you have the engine running during the diagnostic session ? Later cars go into "economy mode" after the engine has been off for a while and the ECU's won't respond to the Lexia in economy mode. If possible have the engine running before you choose Global Test or Test by Function.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

Mandrake wrote:Is this on your XP laptop John ?
yes.
Mandrake wrote:Do you have another Citroen or Peugeot handy that you could test it on, just in case there is a problem with the car, like a blown fuse for the diagnostic socket ?
unfortunately not :cry:
Mandrake wrote:Have you double checked that the round multi-pin connector on the interface is plugged in all the way ? Try reseating it, as that connector can be a bit iffy and may not always go right in. I find I have to wiggle the round connector on mine to get it to go in at all.
it is correctly seated.
Mandrake wrote:Are you unplugging the USB plug from the interface box, waiting a few seconds, plugging it back in again and waiting a few seconds just before you click the Lexia button within the Diagbox app ?
yes, i just unplug it from the lappy, same effect i think?
Mandrake wrote:Does it identify the VIN number for you car, or does it ask you to enter a VIN or an RPO ? If so are you sure you've got the right VIN and/or RPO ?
i have to enter them, im pretty sure ive typed correctly but will double check tomorrow
Mandrake wrote:Do you have the engine running during the diagnostic session ? Later cars go into "economy mode" after the engine has been off for a while and the ECU's won't respond to the Lexia in economy mode. If possible have the engine running before you choose Global Test or Test by Function.
ive tried with and without the engine running, makes no odds, what i have noticed is that i have a new label/tag (like a luggage label) on my BSI (is where u plug the lexia?) so im not sure if thats been replaced, would that have any effect?

ps i know im a pain :roll:
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You are not being a pain, the problem is. Every intelligent person knows when to ask for help.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

mendedit wrote:An intelligent person would work back from a problem illuminating the easiest and cheapest first.
u seem intelligent, tell me where to start.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar