where to buy a lexia?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john
My Cars:

where to buy a lexia?

Post by john »

wheres the best place to buy this? any links also gratefully received :mrgreen:
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: where to buy a lexia?

Post by Ben82 »

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 46#p370980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:)
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

Quite a few on eBay too, although I've heard they can be mined with Chinese knock-offs.

One thing to point out is that the software (Diagbox) is available for free on the internet. Never pay for Diagbox, it seems that every copy you can buy is bootlegged anyway since you have to go through a number of workarounds to keep it from talking to PSA.
If you want a legitimate copy, you'll have to ask PSA and methinks they won't sell it to us mere mortals. At least not for a reasonable price.
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

You're dead right there, Chlorate. Any link or download with Lexia software to PSA on the internet and they will block the software, rendering it useless.

PSA wont release any diagnostic software to anybody outside of their dealer network, even though much of the early stuff is now obsolete, in their terms. They're not interested in keeping older Citroens or other PSA models on the road.

H
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

handyman wrote:You're dead right there, Chlorate. Any link or download with Lexia software to PSA on the internet and they will block the software, rendering it useless.

PSA wont release any diagnostic software to anybody outside of their dealer network, even though much of the early stuff is now obsolete, in their terms. They're not interested in keeping older Citroëns or other PSA models on the road.

H
I believe you can actually buy the approved software from Citroen, there is a part number for it in the catalogue but it's priced in the region of £300+
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

Chlorate wrote:Quite a few on eBay too, although I've heard they can be mined with Chinese knock-offs.
Just to clarify, all non-genuine lexias are Chinese Clones. But there are differences in build quality depending on what factory they have come out of.
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

well it arrived today, quite a few leads eh? not quite sure what i need or where they go but i'll hopefully get it sorted.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

john wrote:well it arrived today, quite a few leads eh? not quite sure what i need or where they go but i'll hopefully get it sorted.
USB to laptop (short or long one), the D15 pin goes in the device, the other end of the OBD cable goes in the big round socket of the device. If the car has an OBD socket then the rest of the cables can be ignored. :)
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

What do the rest of the cables actually do anyway? :oops:

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

Ben82 wrote:
john wrote:well it arrived today, quite a few leads eh? not quite sure what i need or where they go but i'll hopefully get it sorted.
USB to laptop (short or long one), the D15 pin goes in the device, the other end of the OBD cable goes in the big round socket of the device. If the car has an OBD socket then the rest of the cables can be ignored. :)
ah, gotcha, it came with 3 discs,

disc1 digibo 6.01 & digibox 7.04
disc2 pp2000
disc3 with no writing on it, it does however have a label stuck on it

this is gona be complicated isn't it #-o
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
Ben82

Post by Ben82 »

This might be easier to follow :) (The bits using UltraISO are essentially a DVD Drive Emulator, so since you have the physical disc you can ignore them and use the 7.01 disc).

If the discs are a bit confusing you can grab the 7.02 iso from Simon's share here: mega.co.nz/#F!jJJ11IhI!Kr2p1iBUR4oxVw_oDec_bA and use that (along with the UltraISO steps).
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

Use Mandrake's link to the software, it has updates to newer versions and is much simpler to install.

Also, absolutely positively ensure that your computer is not connected to the internet when you are using Diagbox, I had trouble with mine talking to PSA and getting itself deactivated :mrgreen:

It does however need to detect some networking hardware available so the Sim application can work. (i.e. disconnect from wireless networks or unplug LAN cable).

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Chlorate wrote:What do the rest of the cables actually do anyway? :oops:
The large D shaped connector that goes to the round connector which plugs into the interface is a standard 16 pin OBD2 connector used by Xantia Mk2 and all later Citroens, the long rectangular connector is a proprietary 30 pin connector used on Mk1 Xantias and possibly other Citroens of the same vintage (XM ?) while the two pin prong is for even older models such as BX, AX, ZX etc...
Last edited by Mandrake on 12 Jul 2013, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Chlorate wrote:Use Mandrake's link to the software, it has updates to newer versions and is much simpler to install.
It looks like his discs included the same version of 7.01/7.02 as my download link, so I would start there to save downloading. The updates can be downloaded from my link though.
Also, absolutely positively ensure that your computer is not connected to the internet when you are using Diagbox, I had trouble with mine talking to PSA and getting itself deactivated :mrgreen:
You must be allowing Diagbox to run an "Internet update", this will cause the activation to be lost. Make sure you always say no when it says check for updates and you should be fine. I no longer bother to disconnect the Internet connection on mine when I use it and I have no problems.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

so,i managed to install 7.01, closed the program then ran it again, it said it was updating but it fails to do so, ive tried it 2 or 3 times now and it appears to run to the end then gives the error :(
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar