Door lock not responding

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Door lock not responding

Post by oscar »

Hi need to sort my zanty out as MOT soon the drivers door won't open as locked by deadlock but other doors are ok ive tried with key in it and passenger door the key works on both doors but the deadlock won't come off drivers door so won't open from inside either.
what i did have while back if you locked on fob or key it put deadlocks on as hear the second whirr as they came on which normally from what ive had that they don't operate from fob only with holding key for x amount of seconds.
If i disconnect battery will that unset it? or is it just a butcher job with door card and get inside lock mech etc and ifso where am i heading towards ie rip lock out or is there an actuator part in there that can flick/pull/move etc.
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: Door lock not responding

Post by oscar »

Well the lock is sorted now it was a piece broken of at top it was where hinge had dropped before and pin was hitting just above slot which in the end had broke plastic plus didnt have to smash lock in the end as once unlocked loom plug from lock and jiggled lock links it opened door