2009 C5 - window opening mechanism not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spako

2009 C5 - window opening mechanism not working

Post by spako »

I have noticed that the passenger window is having problems going down and back up.

I took a look on this site and with the excellent help of previous posts I have got the door panel off and seen that it has the common problem of the cables rusting through and one of them has dropped out.

I found this repair kit on ebay but I'm not sure how difficult it is to get it replaced:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... AQ:GB:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the sequence for replacing the wires? Can it be done with the regulator, frame and window in place or do they have to come out? Is there an easy way to do that? How do they fit on the drum?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
2011 Renault Megane Sport Tourer 1.5 dCi 110 Expression+ Silver
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: 2009 C5 - window opening mechanism not working

Post by Stewart(oily) »

When I bought one of those kits for a friends Freelander (It seems to be the same seller) he sent a link to a youtube video of them being fitted, not a bad job actually.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.