p1801 drivers airbag igniter fault circuit 1 open

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

idkdelta45

p1801 drivers airbag igniter fault circuit 1 open

Post by idkdelta45 »

Wording on subject may not be exact but you get the drift. Been told by mechanic that its "probably" the squib?????? Someone else called it a reel connector,its a round thing behind the steering wheel anyway. My question is,are these parts easyily available? Is there more than 1 for each car or does it have to be an exact same vehicle? Do these parts need to be reprogrammed when replaced? I have 2004 picasso 2.0 hdi desire,stereo controls on a stalk on right handside under wipers. Steering wheel has no buttons/controls on wheel itself. Does anyone have the part I need,sure we could work something out.
Northern_Mike

Re: p1801 drivers airbag igniter fault circuit 1 open

Post by Northern_Mike »

You've got the same problem I have on my Berlingo. The bad news is there is no reel connector/clockspring/round connector on these. It's all part of the Comms 2000 unit behind the steering wheel, ribbon cables and it's a pain in the arse to troubleshoot. Where are you? You need to get a Lexia reading on it to ensure that's what it is.

I haven't fixed mine yet. I've fixed the bad earth on the steering wheel, but weird stuff still happens and my airbag still doesn't work. I'm having another fiddle with it tomorrow, including disabling cruise, now I've just fixed my Lexia.