HDi torque link engine mount

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

HDi torque link engine mount

Post by RichardW »

Been suffering a knocking for a while I presumed was the torque link mount on the inner wing. Had the bonnet open today and the spanners out (fitting a new stat), so thought I'd take it out and have a look . I think we can safely say it's no longer performing the function it was designed for :lol:

I measured it up thinking I might be able to get a poly bush, but a quick search has not turned anything up yet. Part is still available at around £30 so not the end of the world to replace it. Blanked off the EGR solenoid whilst I was there too.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: HDi torque link engine mount

Post by CitroJim »

Well, nobody can say you didn't get the full and maximum use out of that bush Richard!!!

I believe the similar one on the V6 has now gone NFP and doubtless this one and the similar Activa ones will be soon so we'll be looking at poly bushes then no doubt..

I know of at least one V6 one that's been replaced by a nylon66 one with success...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...