2ltr Petrol Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

2ltr Petrol Xantia

Post by allanmc »

I had my last petrol car in 1969 as you may know I now have a 1999 2ltr. Petrol Automatic Xantia which has only done 66.000 mls. its in very good condition but there are a few things that need fixed. I intend to change all filters, engine oil, transmission oil, spark plugs, yesterday I changed the screen washer motor, and while the car was on axle stands I changed the front pads which took a bit of time although I have had Xantias for a long time I was having a bit of trouble winding back the pistons so had a look on the Hints and tips and found a tip by Citroenxm saying he used a socket with an extension and ratchet but as there was no hex in the piston that didnt work but I welded a nut onto a short piece of square bar and that did the job but I have to say one of the pistons took a long time to push back, anyway back to the jobs still to do, Spark Plugs unsure what to remove to get at them, as usual Haynes Manual not very helpful but I am sure someone on the forum will help me, also the inline fuel filter do the pipes just pull off, I hope you can help me
allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: 2ltr Petrol Xantia

Post by citroenxm »

Its a 16v with the coil pack down the middle... Remove 4mm or 6mm allen bolts on the cover ONLY on the centre cover, then under there should be I think, possibly two ten mm nuts each end of the coil pack, remove them unplug the connector at the end and lift the coil pack off the plugs...

The inline fuel filter, might have ordinary Hose Clips on them or the use once snap ones.. these will need removing then yes pull the pipes off..

However, not being to familiar with late petrol xantias it could be the type like the HDi where the end of the clip needs pushing across to pull the pipe off..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
allanmc
My Cars:

Re: 2ltr Petrol Xantia

Post by allanmc »

Thanks again for your information new plugs in, I will be asking questions about this car and I am sure you will have the answers, I still have the HDI which I am going to take bits off as I need them, when I bought this car one of the key fobs was empty but as I have two from the other car also I have a lexia do you think I could program them myself

allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999