ADAC renewal problem. a bit wierd.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

ADAC renewal problem. a bit wierd.

Post by boristhespie »

We have been members of ADAC and it's time to renew. Well it was in April. And we renewed. Thing is they were so brief it seemed they wanted off the phone asap. They never took the 3 digit security number which we thought odd.

Well we had an inkling and no money was taken. Just tried the now and the same. Trying hard to get us off the line. Said it was being renewed took number of card and no security number (which their written forms all request). They were virtually pushing us off the line. This is their English speaking line. But they couldn't get off fast enough.

I got the feeling they are trying to avoid covering us. I've read that the AA is having issues with the ADAC covering UK customers. (It's supposed to be a free market). It's well weird the way they deal with you. Never had this before.

Anyone had problems renewing?

Like I said we did months ago but they never took payment and then as is today, they never took the 3 digit security number on car so can't see how they can renew?
C'est pas possible!
3ps

Re: ADAC renewal problem. a bit wierd.

Post by 3ps »

Hi,

I am in Ireland, but I just renewed my ADAC with no issues.
GB
My Cars:

Post by GB »

I forgot to renew (due 1st of April) and by the end of June I had a letter from them asking me politely to pay.

Unlike the AA/RAC etc. your membership doesn't automatically end when not paid, they auto renew your membership and then you owe them money (unless you give them a 4-month notice).

Just use the contact form on their page (adac.de, Kontakt at the bottom of the main page, you may have to login first) or use mitgliederservice@adac.de email address (sometimes I use Google translate, although they usually reply in English).
05 C5 VTR 2.0 HDI
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

GB wrote:I forgot to renew (due 1st of April) and by the end of June I had a letter from them asking me politely to pay.

Unlike the AA/RAC etc. your membership doesn't automatically end when not paid, they auto renew your membership and then you owe them money (unless you give them a 4-month notice).

Just use the contact form on their page (adac.de, Kontakt at the bottom of the main page, you may have to login first) or use mitgliederservice@adac.de email address (sometimes I use Google translate, although they usually reply in English).
Don't know about the RAC, but your AA membership doesn't end when the term runs out. They withdraw the next years membersip from your bank account using the details you gave when joining. Unless you paid by cash or cheque (if it's still possible) then the onus is on the member to cancel the cover before the renewal time.

Wish I knew what ADAC stands for though.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

qprdude wrote: Wish I knew what ADAC stands for though.
The ADAC (Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V.) is Germany's and Europe's largest automobile club, with more than 18 million members in May 2012.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADAC‎

And seems to provide vastly superior services to the severely cost limited European Breakdown Cover (Insurance Policies) sold by UK companies acting as agents for offshore insurance companies. One slight problem is that it's a German organisation and you either have to have an address in Germany, or join via a "local office".

Can an existing UK member tell me how you manage this please?
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
GB
My Cars:

Post by GB »

You can't join ADAC online due to UK address format, their online form accepts German address format only.

You have to either phone them (+49 89 7676 6643), or better still (to avoid any UK postcode/house name issues) fill out ADAC membership form, sign it and then fax it to +49 89 7676 4355, or scan and email/photo and email to beitrag.service@adac.de or post it to:
ADAC-Mitgliederbetreuung MZ2
Hansastr. 19
80686 München
Germany

You have to get the annual PlusMembership for EU cover and travel insurance (standard membership is for Germany only and no travel insurance) for €79.50.

Here is ADAC membership application form English translation (for UK only). Your membership kicks in the moment they receive your form, they will invoice you later (email or post), the membership card usually arrives within 10 days. You have to pay with a debit/credit card as their direct debit works only with German bank account.

Payment form here, you can send it with your membership application form, or wait until your membership starts.

HTH
05 C5 VTR 2.0 HDI