Wheel well tools.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Wheel well tools.

Post by qprdude »

Taking out all my cloths/gloves and stuff prior to Wednesdays service and MOT, I noticed that I have two towing brackets. One short and one long. I'm assuming one front and one rear, but the owners handbook shows only one supplied. The other stuff would appear to be a splined and threaded shaft with a taper end (about 100mm long), which I presume is a centraliser of some sort, a fold out frame (a chock?),
A yellow plastic fork for removing wheelnut covers, the jack and handle.

Why the extra tow bolt? Have I anything missing (apart from the obvious, before anyone commen :roll: ts!)
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Wheel well tools.

Post by CitroJim »

All I can say is you're lucky they're still there!

So often they get used and go walkies...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The splined and threaded shaft is for ease of fitting the wheels, screw it into a stud hole on the hub slide on the wheel and all the other holes are lined up, use the splined end for grip to screw it out, simple, saves all that juggling to line up the holes and getting a hernia trying. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Ah, so the wheels have bolts, not studs, I see it all now. There's normally a raised ring for locating wheels but I guess the Citroen likes to be different. Looks like none of the tools have ever been used. The splined shaft is brand spanking new. The chock has never been opened. The jack and tow brackets haven't got the paint scratched. The full sized steel wheel with a brand new Michelin Premacy is in situ, although all the tyres have been replaced at some point as there are 3 Federals and a Falken fitted.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.